INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Standard View requests  (Read 1816 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Standard View requests
« on: February 28, 2016, 03:08:36 am »

It's been a while since the interface for standard View got some serious love. Below are a few of the things I'd love to see:

1. Category tiles are great. They work great in the top view for browsing. Album thumbnails are great. They work great for seeing albums in the bottom view. Occasionally I am scrolling through albums in the bottom view and I want to switch to details view to see or edit the info of one song in an album. If I switch to details view it's scrolls me back to the top of the list and I have to scroll again.

I would like to either:

A) if I have an album thumbnail selected and then switch to details view then I'd like the list to be scrolled to the first file in that album

B) Even better would be if album thumbnails as an idea were ditched completely and the bottom view showed category thumbnails too. Then there would be a toggle to switch between grouped details view or category thumbnails. Switching between the two would always remember where you were in the list if you had been scrolling through it.

2. Groupings are a visually very nice way to structure and present long lists of files. MC's grouped details view is nice but I would like to see some work on the grouping headers and thumbnails. These should be loaded with context sensitive actionability. A couple of ideas:

A) clicking on header or thumbnail selects all the files within the group.
B) play link
C) tag link
D) Start radio from group
E) ability to expand collapse groups (to switch between group thumbnails and group detail views as pitched in idea 1B above)
F) send to playlist

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
Re: Standard View requests
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 01:01:48 pm »

There is already a basic cover art slide show when in standard view, its on the 3D visualizations menu.  

So why not also for the Rotated/Reflection effect cover art in standard view.  But sourced from just the currently playing tracks/album artwork/image folders.

What I'm suggesting is a cover art slide show right there on the same right click context menu when hovering over the cover art in standard view. Easily set up to show cover art from the currently playing track/album/s  folder with some sub context menus.  Its 'cover art'  artwork'  'scans', 'image'  folders - options right there to choose al folder artwork folders or just one of them (so 2 sub menu options).   Just while playing that track.  When the track changes to another album /folder then so would the slide show and same cover art folder rules.

A cover art slide show using the 'rotated/reflection' effect and maybe even the drop shadow, although I think the rotated/reflection effect is the best in my opinion for standard view, and would work best with a cover art slide show.

Settings for quality to suit all tastes and GPU/CPU set ups.  Speed, duration, cross fade times etc, quality of the slide show global, quality of the fades (smoothness).

A good solid idea in my opinion,  to add the extra polish to standard view.  For example,  one of my car radio playing lists for Sci-Fi/Space Film Scores has over 5000 entries and most have a lot of scanned artwork from the film/booklets/album sleeves etc,  and on a long listening session I REALLY would like to have thing else other than the folder artwork to look at.  A right click rotated/reflection effect slde show based off the currently playing album/track folder would be great to see.   I cannot be alone in wanting this.  

Visual polish is what makes the overal enjoyment even more complete in my my opinion.

Option in settings to toggle Off/On play first track when changing Car Radio playlists in standard view, via the car radio buttons.  Will be 'better' for me I know that, might be quick to do I cannot say.  *Default ON.

And while on the car radio buttons.  When changing playlists, and or starting MC up -  To scroll down and highlight the last playing file (and options around this, inc type of highlight and colours).  An easy in UI way of doing this.  What I find it does do currently upon car radio playlist change is it plays the first track in the playlist and sort of scrolls down to the area where the last track was played in that list.

A list of my current suggestions, mostly based around the standard view.
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'
Pages: [1]   Go Up