INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Playing Now" questions  (Read 2282 times)

maliceme

• Junior Woodchuck
"Playing Now" questions
« on: February 28, 2016, 05:36:45 pm »

Background: Running MC on a W7 PC. I connect a laptop to the server via a fat client. I also connect an iPad via JRemote.

The fat client on the laptop displays the "Overview," "Here," and "There" items under Playing Now. I can control what is playing on the server-side client from the laptop through this feature.

However, the client on the server side does not display these items under Playing Now - only a "Player" item.

Questions: Is there a way to see the Here and There items on the server-side client? Is there a way to see the iPad JRemote in either the server-side client or the laptop client?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: "Playing Now" questions
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 06:39:17 pm »

Is Media Network enabled on the server?

maliceme

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 06:48:58 am »

Yes.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 07:07:24 am »

Could you explain what this is?

I connect a laptop to the server via a fat client.

Is the laptop the client?  Or is there another machine involved (other than the server)?

maliceme

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 08:59:21 am »

Sure, sorry to be obtuse. MC is installed on my PC and my laptop. The PC hosts my primary library, Thor.  I play music from the PC. I also play music from the laptop, after using the Connect to Remote Library to access the library Thor.

I noticed that on the laptop, there is an Overview item under Playing Now (see screen capture). This allows me to see what is playing on both machines.

However, this same Overview item is not available under Playing Now on the PC (see screen capture).

Is there a way to have this Overview item show on the PC, and display what is playing on any client accessing the library hosted on the PC? If so, I'd especially like to see this extended to JRemote clients accessing the library.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up