INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: German EPG over DVB-S  (Read 10782 times)

steo

• Recent member
German EPG over DVB-S
« on: February 29, 2016, 05:28:23 am »

Hello,

I am currently playing around with the TV-functionality in the new JRiver 21 (build 50).
I am planing to replace my XBMC/VDR (Client-Server) build through JRiver.

The main problem I currently have is the EPG for my TV setup (Germany; DVB-S2).
In general I already played around with the different XML options:

- mc2xml --> Only some german channels included.
- xmltv --> Didn´t find a german grapper or database how to get this working. --> Seems to be very difficult.

In general the EPG deployed over DVB-S in germany is very good (I also used it in my old setup with VDR and XMBC).

So my questions are:

1. Are there any plans to include "over the air epg" for dvb-s(2)? This would make it extremely easy.
No need to work with complexe grappers and xml-files.

2. If not. Did someone of you know a good xml solution for germany? Which xml-grapper did you use and how did you integrate it into jriver?

regards

Steo

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: German EPG over DVB-S
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 06:53:15 am »

There is an over the air setting.  Did you try it?

Welcome to the forum.

steo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 08:58:33 am »

yes I tried it. But it doesn´t work. It seems that this will only work for ATSC devices and not for DVB-S/S2.
On the wiki there I could find this statement.
This option is currently only available for ATSC users

steo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 03:29:45 am »

so no plans to integrate this into JRiver?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 06:45:33 am »

Yes, it is on my list of things to do.  I just have not got around to it yet.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 05:44:02 pm »

If your OTA EPG is good, then try using EPG Collector to collect the data. It works with DVB-S/S2, and is a very good solution, although a little complex to initially set up.

I don't know if anyone in Germany is using it, but there are certainly UK satellite users. . . Actually a quick search of the forum shows that at least a few people have tried to use it in Germany, but I can't tell if they were successful. It looks promising though.

Give EPG Collector a try. It produces an XMLTV file (or can, as one of the output options) which is then imported into MC.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

steo

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 01:23:21 am »

ok this looks promising. I will give it a try. Thanks!
But anyway a "over the air" implementation for dvb-s/s2 in jriver would be the best solution  ::)

steo

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 05:31:16 am »

Hi, I have tried the "EPG Collector" now but currently JRiver doesn´t load the program guide.
I have generated test-xml only for one channel with EPG-collector. The result is this one.
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<tv generator-info-name="DomainObjects/4.3.5897.21234">
  <channel id="1:1101:28106:Das Erste">
    <display-name>Das Erste</display-name>
  </channel>
  <programme start="20160305111800 +0100" stop="20160305140000 +0100" channel="1:1101:28106:Das Erste">
    <title>Sportschau live</title>
    <desc>Biathlon-Weltmeisterschaften / Ski-Weltcup / Weltcup Nordische Kombination. * Biathlon-Weltmeisterschaften: 10 km Sprint Herren / Reporter: Christian Dexne / Übertragung aus Oslo* Ski-Weltcup: Riesenslalom Herren 2. Lauf / Reporter: Bernd Schmelzer / Übertragung aus Kranjska Gora (ca. 12.50 Uhr)* Weltcup Nordische Kombination: 10 km Kombinationslanglauf / Reporter: Torsten Püschel / Übertragung aus Schonach (ca. 13:30 Uhr)Produziert in HD</desc>
    <category>Sport</category>
    <rating>
      <value>G</value>
    </rating>
    <audio>
      <stereo>stereo</stereo>
    </audio>
  </programme>
  <programme start="20160305140000 +0100" stop="20160305140300 +0100" channel="1:1101:28106:Das Erste">
    <title>Tagesschau</title>
    <desc>Die Nachrichten der ARDProduziert in HD</desc>
    <category>News and Current Affairs</category>
    <rating>
      <value>G</value>
    </rating>
    <audio>
      <stereo>stereo</stereo>
    </audio>
  </programme>
</tv>

Then I have selected XMLTV as program guide and selected the XML-File above.
In the channel-settings I have set the XMLTV-identifier to the ID of the channel in the xml-file.
Afterwards I ran the the XMLTV import several times ("run selected profile now") and also restarted jriver.
But the JRiver doesnt import or show any EPG.
What I am doing wrong? Does the XML-File does have a wrong syntax?

steo

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 06:37:51 am »

I ran the complete TV setup guide again (Extras --> Options --> Television --> Setup; including channel scan; EPG configuration and so on).
During the wizard I selected "XMLTV" and selected my XML-File (same one as I selected before. See thread before).
After the channel-scan I got the Wizard where I can map the XML-File-channels to the found dvb-s channels.
There I mapped the one existing channel to the matching dvb-s channel. Now I can see the EPG for this one channel.
Thourgh the mapping wizard the XML identifier was set to "1:1101:28106:Das Erste". So it´s the same one I manually inserted in the past.

So for me the question is what is difference between the wizard and the manuall way (manually set XMLTV afterwards and manually setting XML identifier) in the past?
Maybe the mapping wizard will do something more than only setting the XML identifier?
How can I run the mapping wizard afterwards without doing a complete new setup (though the wizard)?

steo

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 07:00:03 am »

For me it seems that the "run the selected profile now" doesn´t work because I have done this now several times but
the "last update of channel guide date" doesnt change it´s date/time. It still shows the time if the complete setup wizard run I did.
I also scheduled the the data import in JRiver to "current time + 1 minte" but it didn´t seem to run because the date and time is still untouched (still the date and time of the wizard run).

So maybe this is a bug with the current version JRiver 21 Update 50?
For me it seems that "run selected profile now" and the scheduling doesnt work with XMLTV.
The import seems only to work through the wizard one time.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2016, 07:23:58 am »

Running the EPG program update manually may be broken (for some Users).

A problem was identified here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=103287.0 and I'm not sure if it was fixed.

When I tested it on my setup, it did not work for any version after .44.

However, I did not retest again after that post, since it works for "automatic" updating it was not a problem for me - and I forgot about it.

If you want to confirm, you could try running version 44.

steo

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2016, 08:11:00 am »

ok I will test it with version 44.
Can you send me a download link where I can find the old version 44?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2016, 08:34:36 am »

I have not been able to reproduce any problem.  When you run "Load Program guide" manually, did you get to the channel-to-xmltvID mapping window?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2016, 08:35:53 am »

ok I will test it with version 44.
Can you send me a download link where I can find the old version 44?
It isn't available.  Build 42 is here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=102907.0

steo

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2016, 09:25:23 am »

Hi all,

I have tested the version 42 now and I can confirm, that the "Run selected profiles now" is working with 42.
With 50 it isn´t working.
If I use "Run selected profiles now" in 42 I will get the XML-Mapping-Screen (same screen I will get through the wizard where I can map dvbs-channels to xml entries) and the epg-data will be imported (last update date will also change).
If I use "run selected profiles now" in 50, this wizard will not appear and no epg will be imported. So it seems to be broken with version 50.

What is not working for me with both versions (42 and 50) is the scheduled update.
To test it I have delete the programm data again and have then scheduled the program guide to update at 16:22.
But as you can see in the screenshot I had a look at 16:23 and nothing happend. No EPG and also the last update date didn´t change.
Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2016, 10:19:47 am »

I just tried again with build 50.  The manual update still works for me.  What operating system do you have?  Mine is Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium.

steo

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2016, 10:47:25 am »

I am using Window 10 Pro (64 bit)

CountryBumkin

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2016, 05:05:27 pm »

And I'm on Win10 x64 Home Edition.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2016, 05:26:15 pm »

Digital signing changed around that time.  Try setting your firewall again.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 05:54:21 am »

The problem I reported in the other Thread was only tested with the third-party mc2xml program version 1.6 (not the internal MC version). The xmltv.xml file was available/downloaded but would not get imported into MC manually. My setup runs the mc2xml externally so MC only needs to import the xmltv.xml file.

I tested by "clearing EPG program data", then, with the "run selected programs now" box checked, clicking "Okay". I would see a screen flash/refresh but the guide data did not import (or did not repopulate).

What's odd, is that the EPG data would repopulate "automatically" on schedule the next day. Since it runs automatically, I'm not too concerned about this.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2016, 05:41:55 pm »

I just did a manual test run of my Guide Load process which runs EPG Collector and then loads the resulting file. It worked fine, collecting the data and updating MC, with the "Program guide last refreshed" time updated correctly. I am using MC21.0.54 currently.

Maybe it is a Windows 10 thing, or maybe some security software is stopping the manual run process. I have seen this before where an automatic run will work, because it isn't run interactively, but a manual run initiated by a user through the GUI would not run. Make sure your virus scanner is allowing all the MC processes to run, and set the following programs to Allow in your Firewall: JRWorker.exe, JRWeb.exe, Media Center 21.exe, and JRSerice.exe found in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 21". Also "MC21.exe" found in the two Windows directories, "C:\Windows\System32" and "C:\Windows\SysWOW64", just to be sure.

Also Steo, if you want to test the automatic run, don't set the next run time so close to the current time. There used to be (still are Yaobing?) a lot of rules around how often the Guide Load process would run, whether it would run within a certain period of a previous run, and so on. But there have been lots of changes in the load process area, so I'm not sure what the rules are now.

Since the Guide Load process can now be run as often as every two hours, I would set the next run to say two and a half hours into the future, and then leave it to see if it runs. That makes testing a long process, but that can't be avoided if the manual process isn't working for you.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up