INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minimal requirements to succesfully import an audio playlist ?  (Read 2213 times)

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Minimal requirements to succesfully import an audio playlist ?
« on: February 29, 2016, 10:43:00 am »

Greetings,
I have an old audio playlist that was exported as a csv (from MC20).
However, extensive retagging and moving has happened since.  Filenames and locations have changed, possibly [Album] also.

So, what is the strict minimum required to succesfully import a (text-based, like .csv) playlist ?
Is it possible at all with only Seq, [Artist] and [Name], assuming if multiple matches, first is selected ?

Thank you.

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Minimal requirements to succesfully import an audio playlist ?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 08:54:59 am »

Bump.

As mentioned, I have a .csv with only [Artist] and [Name] as reliable information.  Paths and filenames have changed for sure.
Is it possible at all ?

The alternative for me is a very long manual rebuild...

Thank you.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 09:06:34 am »

Have you tried it?  What happens?

Brian.

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 02:38:41 pm »

I tried importing back a playlist I exported as test.csv (as text file, only visible fields).
Renamed as test.txt, the file is imported as a document (even if the command was "File/Import Playlist").

That is even before I reduce the fields in the text file to only [Artist] and [Name]...

This is the file:
Seq,Image (small thumbnail),Name,Artist,Album,Rating,Genre,Track #,Duration,Bitrate,File Type,Date,Filename
1,,(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction,Rolling Stones,Big Hits (High Tide And Green Grass),? stars,Rock Pop,1,3:44,256,mp3,1966,D:\Media\byGenre\Rock Pop\Rolling Stones - Big Hits (High Tide And Green Grass) - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction.mp3
2,,(Just Like) Starting Over,John Lennon,Billboard,? stars,Rock Pop,4,3:57,160,mp3,1981,D:\Media\byGenre\Rock Pop\John Lennon - Billboard - (Just Like) Starting Over.mp3
3,,6th Avenue Heartache,Wallflowers,Bringing Down The Horse,3,Rock Pop,2,5:37,192,mp3,1996,D:\Media\byGenre\Rock Pop\Wallflowers - Bringing Down The Horse - 6th Avenue Heartache.mp3

.m3u format uses the paths, and I would like to use only [Artist] and [Name] if at all possible, hence my tests with a csv text file...

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 02:51:50 pm »

Why did you rename it to ".txt" ?  Why not leave it as CSV so MC would understand what it's importing?

In a test I just ran, MC didn't seem to like only importing lists with Song name, Album, and Artist.  I'm guessing that MC wants either filename, or maybe filekey.  But I'm just guessing.

Brian.

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 03:25:16 pm »

The drop down menu showed .txt but not .csv

Having the capability to infer the right songs from just [Artist] and [Name] would have been nice, but I am starting to think that I will have to do it the hard way...

Thank you !
Pages: [1]   Go Up