INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Confused by JRemote's sorting  (Read 1560 times)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Confused by JRemote's sorting
« on: March 01, 2016, 05:27:33 am »

New to JRemote and struggling with the A-Z↓ sorting thing...

I've created a bunch of views within MC to prototype what I want to see in JRemote, and they all work fine in MC, but when I replicate the rules in  JRemote more often than not the sorting doesn't reflect what MC shows until I tap the A-Z↓ button.  This is frustrating because after a restart of the app I have to run around tapping the A-Z↓  in multiple views to get things back to how I want them.

The problem seems to be related to the Category edit pane, and in particular when expression fields are used.  In such instances the 'expression to group by' should be used for the sorting, as per MC, but JRemote seems to use the 'expression to display' entry instead which means it can be confused if this entry is used?  So far, I found the only way to get the sorting I want is to leave the 'expression to display' field empty, but this means I cannot customise as I want.

[edit]Also I have generic New Albums view, reverse sorted by Date Imported, but on first use the list is display backwards until it tap the A-Z↓ thing...[/edit]

Is this a known problem with JRemote, eg it defaults to A-Z↓ instead of whatever the rules specify?

So far I've been able to kludge my way around, but ideally JRemote should reflect exactly what MC displays for the same rules?

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Confused by JRemote's sorting
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 07:26:56 am »

Update on this:  if I set the default view to thumbnails, the results are correctly sorted, so it seems related to the way that the app defaults to A-Z for non-thumbnail views, rather than respecting the sorting of the view itself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up