INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Guide, No Live TV  (Read 6793 times)

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
No Guide, No Live TV
« on: March 01, 2016, 11:57:43 am »

Right now I am unable to watch Live Tv.

MC guide did not match my service provider's database for shows that need to be recorded tonight, so I cleared the MC guide data and now it won't load any new data manually (has been working perfectly in auto mode since clean OS install 3 days ago).

A new xmltv.xml file is being created, then MC says "Loading Data", but NOTHING is in the guide. Even tried just doing the load from file (not running mc2xml), same thing.

I even tried setting it to do an auto download every two hours for a time 15 minutes from present and it blew right past the time and did not run. Right now waiting for the 2 hours to pass...

Any help?
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

CountryBumkin

Re: URGENT HELP Please No Guide No Live Tv
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 01:00:46 pm »

Your executable only needs to be "C:\mc2xml.exe -d 337".  The rest of the line is redundant.
Without adding the extra options it will still create the xmltv.xml file in the folder where mc2xml is run and use the ".dat" file from the same directory. I don't know what those extra options are doing for you.

To your problem:
Have you tried deleting the "mc2xml.dat" file and then rerunning the mc2xml.exe program? Just go to mc2xml folder in Windows Explorer and run the mc2xml.exe file. Is the xmltv.xml file updating (verified by a changing file size and file date/time stamp)?

I just ran mc2xml v1.6 manually and it is working for me - so the issue is not that the service is down.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: No Guide, No Live TV
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 01:20:01 pm »

As CountryBumkin said, since what you specified for the -D and -o parameters are identical to mc2xml's default behavior, they can be omitted.  However, specifying them does not cause anything bad.  So your parameters are OK.

I also tried it manually just a moment ago.  It worked for me.  I don't know what was causing problem for you.   :(
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 01:49:01 pm »

Thanks. Everything is ok for now. Here is what I found:

- Tv Setup > Load program guide = mc2xml runs, created new xml file, then see MC "please wait, loading data" and guide was completely blank. Did it multiple times, nothing.

- Tv Setup > Setup > recreated with EXACT SAME settings = mc2xml runs, created new xml file, the channels list in MC comes up twice, then see MC "please wait, loading data" and guide is now all good.

Never saw the channels list in MC come up twice when trying from Load program guide.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 05:53:55 pm »

This is also happening on my other PC setup. I get the exact same thing.  If I clear the guide and re-run a load program guide it will stay blank.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 07:28:14 pm »

Just did this a few times to confirm..Funny as it is not an issue on my HTPC rig...
1. In TV option Load Program Guide -> Clear program guide
2. In TV option Load Program Guide -> Load Program Guide

You see MC2XML do its thig, XMLTV.xml gets refreshed but MC is not loading the EPG!

Only way is as per tzr to do it from the setup page....

Different PC, different behavior...

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 10:25:10 pm »

You are both only loading EPG data on the MC Server, correct?

I'm sure we have discussed why loading EPG data on a MC Client is the wrong thing to do in the past. I'm pretty sure at least one of you insisted on using local or networked tuners on Client PCs. Can't remember which. If you are doing that, and also trying to load EPG data on the Client PC, you need to understand exactly what is happening with the MC libraries.

If you are trying to load EPG data on to a MC Client PC while it is connected to a MC Server, that would explain why XMLTV only works when you run Setup.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

CountryBumkin

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 04:45:45 am »

Just did this a few times to confirm..Funny as it is not an issue on my HTPC rig...

You see MC2XML do its thig, XMLTV.xml gets refreshed but MC is not loading the EPG!

Different PC, different behavior...

This has been reported on two other Threads. In those reports the computers are running Win10 x64.
In your case - what is the difference between the computer that loads the EPG and the one that does not?

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 07:31:52 am »

3 PCs.  All running Windows 10, all run McAfee with exclusions to MC21 and MC2XML.

2/3 PCs will refresh just fine when hitting the "Load Program Guide"
The other PC still ran it automatically but not at the specified hour and used a schedule I had specified in the past...

Aside from this the PC configs are quite similar..(Aside from the main HTPC rig which has the Colossus and an STB profile)

(WHich is experiencing a different issue with EPG loading as per here:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=102892.msg719789#msg719789

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 07:53:11 am »

As an FYI,

I even completely uninstalled MC21 from that PC and deleted leftovers in Appdata but issue came back after the fresh install.

(I did restore a library but with settings unchecked)

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 08:40:20 am »

Or let it run on a schedule/set time interval (within MC).

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 09:17:37 am »

True.  However as I wrote earlier it used a different timestamp than the last one I had specified last night...

CountryBumkin

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 11:14:57 am »

3 PCs.  All running Windows 10, all run McAfee with exclusions to MC21 and MC2XML.

2/3 PCs will refresh just fine when hitting the "Load Program Guide"
The other PC still ran it automatically but not at the specified hour and used a schedule I had specified in the past...

If we could figure out what is common among the PCs where the EPG Guide will not load manually, that would help Yaobing find the fix.

On my systems:
All running Win 10 (one is x64 and the other is x32). I don't use any third-party virus programs (just the built in Microsoft Defender).
Both computers using OTA ATSC.
Both using mc2xl version 1.6 (run external to MC) to create xmltv.xml file, which is then imported into MC.
I tested a bunch of older MC versions. All versions had this problem except .44 (so I think it was introduced in version .45).
The automatic EPG guide update works.

Could the problem be due to a timing requirement (something such as "must have XX minutes between clearing guide and reloading it) between EPG guide loading  (maybe an unexpected affect of the "timeout" change)?

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 02:18:34 pm »

All right... I did some more tests on this.

First of all the 2 PCs with OTA ATSC cards ONLY behave the exact same way (ie they don't load guide data from the load program guide under Television->option)

On these two PCs with OTA Only:

1. I played with timeout values, even disabled preferred tuners but no change.
2. I do see mc2xml doing it's thing for the STB profile and the xmltv.xml file gets updated just fine.
3. When it completes, it looks like MC is not responding but you have to alt-tab and then the Config page will reappear, then I close it and back to the main option page without the guide being refreshed.

Doing the same procedure on my HTPC that has OTA ATSC Cards + an STB profile with the colossus here's waht happens:

1. Hit load program guide from the television option page
2. the STB mc2xml will do its thing THEN I get the channel mapping page not the case when running above. I then hit OK
3. it will then run the second OTA profile and I will also get the channel mapping page. I then hit OK
4. The guide data gets refreshed as it should! So working just fine on the HTPC.

I too am running mc2xml 1.6 but inside MC.

(As long as I provide full command lines on the HTPC as per my other post ).

Hope this helps

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 02:25:56 pm »

as an fyi the OTA profile on all 3 PCs is exactly the same

CountryBumkin

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 03:02:05 pm »

I too am running mc2xml 1.6 but inside MC.

So you are running mc2xml.exe as an executable using MC, with the options talked about above.
I am running mc2xml.exe using Windows Task Manager, then importing xmltv.xml (so I don't get the "timing" choices you mentioned). I did try running mc2xml as an executable from within MC previously, but that didn't work either. I don't think the problem is related to whether Mc2xml is run inside or outside of MC.

I just cleared my Guide and tried the "Alt-Tab" you mentioned but that did nothing (but there is no other window behind the MC window to display).
So now I'm going through the setup again (currently MC is in the process of scanning for channels) to get the Guide reloaded.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2016, 03:18:40 pm »

Try putting in command lines if you have more than one epg profile it should work within mc but that's a different issue as per the other post I'm referring to above.

And Just to clarify for the issue here  it does work fine for me when loading at a specified hour automatically.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2016, 03:36:21 pm »

And Just to clarify for the issue here  it does work fine for me when loading at a specified hour automatically.

Same here.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2016, 03:39:54 pm »

So now I'm going through the setup again (currently MC is in the process of scanning for channels) to get the Guide reloaded.

CountryBumkin, you can set up or change your Guide Load configuration without rescanning channels, which makes it much quicker.

Just go into Options>Television, highlight the appropriate Tuner Profile, and click the Configure button. Next your way through the tuner settings in the Profile until you get to the "Service type and guide data source" page, XMLTV should already be selected, Next to change your settings.

Using that method doesn't run the process, scan channels, or do anything else. It doesn't allow you to set the Guide Load time either. You have to go into the Options>Television>General>Load program guide... process to set the time or run the process.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up