INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4 Easy JRemote Questions  (Read 4326 times)

Lewin

• Recent member
4 Easy JRemote Questions
« on: March 01, 2016, 03:17:04 pm »

I used Search, but could not find an answer to these four easy questions:

a)  Are skins for JRemote available (in addition to the dark/light themes)? If so, where can I get them?

b)  When my JRemote starts, I have to tap "Audio", then "Genres". How can I automate this, so it goes directly to "Genres"?

c)  The Playback Zone used to come up directly as "Player"; now it starts in "This Device". How can I save this in "Player" position?

d)  Is there something like a JRemote PDF-manual?

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: 4 Easy JRemote Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 07:31:30 am »

I used Search, but could not find an answer to these four easy questions:

a)  Are skins for JRemote available (in addition to the dark/light themes)? If so, where can I get them?

Don't know.  Seems unlikely.

b)  When my JRemote starts, I have to tap "Audio", then "Genres". How can I automate this, so it goes directly to "Genres"?

You can customise your views to show what you need.

c)  The Playback Zone used to come up directly as "Player"; now it starts in "This Device". How can I save this in "Player" position?

Check settings (the cogwheel)->server [tap the (i) button->Set zone to 'This Device' on connect.  Uncheck that and it should remember where you were.  On the main app settings you can even have it follow the zones you use on the server itself.

d)  Is there something like a JRemote PDF-manual?

Not that I've found.

Just starting out with this myself - the app works very very well, but the learning curve is steep.

Lewin

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 09:06:12 am »

Thanks for the info. My only still remaining question is with question (b).

Tapping gear, then Settings > Default View Mode, I get 3 choices: List / Imagelist / Thumbnails.

This does not allow me to open JRemote directly in > Audio < Genres, so the question remains:

When my JRemote starts, I have to tap "Audio", then "Genres". How can I automate this, so it goes directly to "Genres"?

Is there another setup menu which I missed? 

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 09:55:00 am »

Options->Media Network->Advanced->Customize Views

You can create whatever views you need there... as well as remove unneeded default views.  So you could stick your Genres as the top item and it will be there when you start...

Lewin

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 12:27:46 pm »

I found the menu you mention, it is on MC, not on JRemote. Also managed to bring "Genre" up on top. But after JRemote starts, I still have to tap Audio > Genre. Appearently, I'm still missing something?

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 12:45:48 pm »

You have to shut down and restart MC and the Media Server if you make changes for them to appear in JRemote.

Arindelle

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 12:48:45 pm »

I found the menu you mention, it is on MC, not on JRemote. Also managed to bring "Genre" up on top. But after JRemote starts, I still have to tap Audio > Genre. Appearently, I'm still missing something?
You make your View through the main program options as Mark mentioned. (You can also import views from standard mode -- explore a bit)

There is no automatic syncing of Views from JRemote. Once the new or modified view is saved in the main program(note this has to be done on the machine running media server, not another client on the network). Often the changes or new view are not visible until there is a new connection to the server. Clear JRemote from memory on your device (on IOS double click and slide up the app to really close it; not sure how to clear an Android app), the restart JRemote. If there is still no change reconnect manually to the server from the "gear" icon which will force everything to reload on your device. You don't have to shut down the machine as media server

oops -- sorry mark posted at the same time

Lewin

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 01:38:10 pm »

Thanks a lot for your patience and help, mark_h and Arindelle.

I did shutdown and restart both the PC-Audio-server and JRemote, as you suggest. On restart and connection to MC, this brings up the usual default opening screen on JRemote. Tapping "Audio" shows the same menu as before, but "Genre" has now moved to the top place (as it has been set on the MC settings). I still have to tap on Genre to bring up the Genre thumbnails. Do you really get them to display without any tapping?

Arindelle

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 02:05:14 pm »

sorry I really don't understand. You have a number of views .. it can't just open up your genre view automatically, how's it supposed to know you what view you want?

If you set up a view (or modified an existing one) to include categories Genre, Album Artist Album lets say. You have to choose the view right? So you tap the genre view. All the genres show up; you choose a genre. All the Albu Artists under that genre show up. Thats what you want right? You don't have to choose the view and then hit genre again UNLESS you have included Genre twice in the view. Is that what happened?

(there is a reason that sometimes you do have the category repeated like if you want to group artists by A-C, D-F etc, then just see the d-F artists, but I doubt you are talking about that for genres- if you see genre listed twice as a category delete one of them)

Lewin

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 02:23:18 pm »

Maybe I didn't describe this well. Why do I have to tap "Genre" to display the Genre-view? There must be a way to preselect this as default. If I start up MC on my PC, it instantly displays the genre thumbnails, no clicks needed. Why can't I do the same in JRemote?

Arindelle

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 04:53:43 am »

oh I see ... you want your "Genre" View as the default view (like the option to open on startup "last-state" in the main program).

I don't know the why you can't do that. There are a lot of things you can't do in JRemote and Theater Mode that you can in standard mode.

You can probably avoid going into the audio menu though by messing wit the "rollers" -- like un-nest it and push it to the top. Backup your library first and play around ... never tried this but you don't have to show everything in the defaults .. if you only use 3 views get rid of everything else, maybe?

Lewin

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 01:58:59 pm »

OK, so there isn't a direct setup menu to achieve this. Nevertheless, I tried to experiment a bit, so far without success. Would have been nice, but I guess I can live with it the way it is. Maybe in the next update?
Pages: [1]   Go Up