INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remove "Album" subfolder when converting FLAC to MP3  (Read 1388 times)

jkies

Remove "Album" subfolder when converting FLAC to MP3
« on: March 02, 2016, 01:25:22 am »

I currently have over 20k FLAC files. I'd like to create a separate library of MP3 files so I can listen to them on my car's system. The car UI however will only recognize 1 folder (no subfolder). Currently my FLAC files are saved as Artist/Album/Songs.flac. I'd like to remove the "Album" subfolder upon conversion so the final MP3 files are saved as Artist/Songs.mp3.

Is there a way to do this in MC21 Windows 7?

Thanks!

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Remove "Album" subfolder when converting FLAC to MP3
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 03:29:59 am »

assuming you are using a USB stick or something similar?

if so, enter the stick, find it in drives & devices in the tree in MC

there will be two things at the top, sync and options.  in options, you can set conversion on the fly (no need for a separate library) as well as the folder path on the USB drive so you can get rid of albums and everything else

MC keeps a conversion cache for files that were converted on the fly, so if you put the same files on the USB stick down the road they will convert "instantly" and make a fast sync.  either way it's not slow anyways, and it's sure nice not to have to manage an mp3 library for no good reason....

if you want to make a new library anyways, when you select your files and open the convert format menu (right click, library tools) there is also an options button where you can sort the file path out as well
Pages: [1]   Go Up