INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XP Style Luna Skin: Latest Pic  (Read 4979 times)

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
XP Style Luna Skin: Latest Pic
« on: August 20, 2003, 05:08:56 pm »

Hi guys,

Here is the latest pic.  Lets call this version 0.2 :)  Not quite ready for posting yet but very close.  All dialogs now use the correct XP colors.  Most things are not using XP widgets.  What I still need to do is:

Convert all buttons to XP style
Sort out that bloody transport :)
Finalize progress bar
Make sure all components look XPized as aposed to 98

http://www.jriver.com/photos/NoCodeUK/TheSkin.jpg

Any comments, tips, advice welcome!!

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
Re: Luna Skin
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2003, 06:50:48 pm »

well its getting better but have some issus:

• firstly the fonts you are using is not matching..(use standard windows fonts.
  • for the player control ,stop and play buttons... you have to draw them your self..you cant depend on skinning on copy/paste stuff ;)... well you can have these 2 buttons the same like forward/back buttons but the arrows in them must change in play and stop drawings.. if you still facing problems i can create them for you.. let me now :)
  • topbar seperators are too dark use that color instead : "CAC6AF" and same for location bar.

well thats all :)

if you need anything iam there for you adam..just ask or PV..
Tamer

NoCodeUK

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2003, 12:14:53 am »

Thanks ToMy,

I have changed the seperators and next time will post a pic using a more standard windows font!!

I have no problem with drawing the transport controls but would appreciate an idea as to what I should make them look like :)  I think the IE controls might work for next and previous but not sure about Play/Pause/Stop

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Pink Waters

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2003, 01:50:07 am »

but not sure about Play/Pause/Stop

i will make them end mail them to you :)
Tamer

NoCodeUK

Re: XP Style Luna Skin: REQ comments!
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2003, 02:02:49 am »

Thanks very much for the offer but I think I need the Photoshop practice!!  My Photoshop skills are somewhat lacking so I would like to get the experience of doing it myself if I can.  Any suggestions though for what to use?

Adam

Pink Waters

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2003, 02:15:05 am »

Thanks very much for the offer but I think I need the Photoshop practice!!  My Photoshop skills are somewhat lacking so I would like to get the experience of doing it myself if I can.  Any suggestions though for what to use?

Adam

use the paint shop pro 8... its better that photoshop for non-international desiners...

and here is the Buttons ;) ...
Tamer

NoCodeUK

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2003, 02:51:47 am »

Cheers mate!!  I will add the other states to them tonight and should have a beta ready by tonight for testing.  I just need to work out how to make a few bits the correct colors and do the scrollbars and it should be ready for a version 0.1 rollout!

Just out of interest is there any way to force the position of the eh...position slider and position slider or is it a case of adding a bit of "filler" to the graphics themeselves?

Cheers

Adam

Pink Waters

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2003, 03:09:29 am »

Don't know what your're talking about :)
Tamer

LisaRCT

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2003, 05:47:51 am »

Irrelevant question time:
In your screenshot, how did you get the MC controls on your windows taskbar?

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2003, 06:11:19 am »

... is there any way to force the position of the eh...position slider and position slider or is it a case of adding a bit of "filler" to the graphics themeselves?

You can only move them around a little bit by adding (maybe transparent) pixels to the borders of the images.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2003, 06:15:40 am »

I made it myself :)  Its a folder containg shortcuts to MCC commands.  Assign the icons and then create an XP Taskbar pointing to this folder.  The shortcuts have to link to the specific MC commands for each action you want to perform.  There is a link to these in the development section.  Basically it is a shortcut to mjextman.exe followed by a specicif command call so for play it is mjextman.exe /10000,1.  The link to the commands is here http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/DevZone/MCCommands.h
If you get stuck I could send you my l,inks but obviuosly you would need to check and make sure your pointings are the same.

What did you think to the skin btw??  I need comments :)  Hopefully I willl have a beta up tonight...once I realise how to do the last few things!!

Adam

NoCodeUK

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2003, 06:18:03 am »

Thanks knickelfarz...I guessed it would be something like that....any comments on it so far??  I am hoping to finish it soon so that I can get my normal windows theme back.  Im sick of staring at Duplo all day!! :)

Adam

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2003, 06:29:44 am »

Maybe the player buttons can be a little bit bigger... this would also push down the volume slider (and make it wider...)...

LisaRCT

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2003, 06:46:50 am »

I'd like to see the slider 'knobs' more distinctive or highlighted so they stand out a bit more. They appear to fade into the background a bit.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2003, 07:35:55 am »

Cheers for the comments guys.  I am not sure what the sliders look like in XP.  Anybody know where I can find any? :)
I was thinking of making the transport have the forward and back buttons like they are in XP and then larger versions for Play and stop with the correct symbols...any thoughts?

Adam

LisaRCT

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2003, 07:41:42 am »

Not sure what buttons you refer to when you say 'like they are in XP' as I am using Win2K.  But the size difference idea sounds like it'll look good. Were you planning to use a color variation as well?

btw, I found the commands and made up batch files . . .
guess what, they work!!   :o
Now I just need to do the icons to appear on the taskbar and it is a 'done deal'.  Thank you for the idea and for pointing me in the right direction. I dunno why I didn't think of it, I have done similar things with program shortcuts on the taskbar before . . .  but that was long ago.  Like they say the mind is the first to go LOL

Pink Waters

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2003, 08:25:36 am »

Cheers for the comments guys.  I am not sure what the sliders look like in XP.  Anybody know where I can find any? :)
I was thinking of making the transport have the forward and back buttons like they are in XP and then larger versions for Play and stop with the correct symbols...any thoughts?

Adam

use the slider thumbs and sliders backgrounds used in windows media skin..
Tamer

NoCodeUK

Re: XP Style Luna Skin: Latest Pic
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2003, 03:30:58 pm »

New Pic available.  see first post!!

LonWar

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2003, 03:56:38 pm »

Nice....
-

NoCodeUK

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2003, 04:00:16 pm »

Thanks imjustagamer...any comments, ideas or things I can improve??  I will hopefully get it released this weekend...

Adam

LonWar

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2003, 04:24:19 pm »

Man I am the last person that you would want creative opinions from... I am so anti creative... I can't draw a straight line with a ruler!!!

The only thing that I could say is it would be cool to have a black and grey skin....

But hey that's just me. Keep up the good work!
-

LisaRCT

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2003, 04:28:42 pm »

Coming along nicely.
I expect to be in a bad mood later, so I will probably have some ocmments then   :P

Pink Waters

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2003, 05:08:30 pm »

well its getting better but has some issues:

• playbar and stop  bar don't match man.. they are low resolution and have dot pixels.
  • try to make the topbar OffsetY="3" or "4" coz the seperators gets up on the top border
  • tree selected font color needs to be black to match i think
Tamer

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2003, 08:26:58 pm »

Adam,
Try using Tahoma 8pt font.

Sam

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2006, 01:16:24 pm »

Adam... what happened to this skin
does it still exist?

ferent

• Galactic Citizen
  • Go to Linux
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2006, 02:42:52 pm »

Mr ChriZ, the last post was August 21, 2003...
Go to linux
Pages: [1]   Go Up