INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC21 for MAC and video ISO files  (Read 3457 times)

Paul S.A. Renaud

• World Citizen
MC21 for MAC and video ISO files
« on: March 04, 2016, 11:24:45 am »

I cannot get my video ISO files to play within JRiver. MP4 work fine, and the ISO files are imported in into a library but when I hit play, another Mediaplayer start playing and plays the files as in JRiver. The wiki is not very helpful here.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC21 for MAC and video ISO files
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 11:44:22 am »

This has been discussed several times here recently.  Not that you need to read everything here; I'm just saying it's been discussed.  :)

MC for Mac does not read DVD or BD structures of any type.  No ISOs, no copies of the file structures, etc.  MC happily plays just about any format of ripped DVDs or BDs though, as long as the encryption has been removed.  AVI, MP4, WMV, MKV, etc are all supported.  Most of my ripped DVDs are now MKVs made using MakeMKV.  MakeMKV can read ISO files and convert them (removing the encryption) to MKV for you.  Note that this does NOT reduce quality as compared to the native disc or an ISO.  Quality will be identical using MakeMKV.

Brian.

Paul S.A. Renaud

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 09:03:55 am »

Thx for the reply and I have moved from DVDFab to MakeMKV. So far so good. Now I have a related question about video playback through JRiver. As these BD MKV files are fairly big, I put them on a NAS. Now playback from the NAS via the MAC suffer from frequent buffering issues. As I assume that this is because the files are big and my MACbook pro is not on ethernet but on (fast) wifi. Can I adjust a setting in JRiver to buffer more. I know there is prebuffering for audio in the player but that does not affect the video playback or does it? Any suggestions to smooth playback via wifi for video.

RC23

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 12:20:20 pm »

I am not a Mac User, but as PC user I would test to connect Mac with NAS by LAN cable. Thereby you can test the data on NAS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up