INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: podcast downloads cause a copy/replace dialog generated by Windows 7  (Read 3190 times)

pgrisham

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile

This problem is sporadic, yet it has happened enough over about a 2-year period that I would like to get to the bottom of it. Just today it happened again--I get the standard Windows dialog that asks if I want to copy, replace, or ignore a file that has a duplicate. The file is always in my podcast directory, and its name is usually episode#######.mp3. I am assuming that this is the raw filename given to a podcast before it is properly renamed with artist, podcast title, etc.

Why is this happening? I will also note that almost every time (maybe every time?) this happens, MC21 is open. This has happened through at least 2 previous versions of MC, if not more.

pgrisham

• World Citizen
Re: podcast downloads cause a copy/replace dialog generated by Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 09:51:28 am »

This has been happening every day for the past several days. I have searched the forums repeatedly for info on this topic but cannot find any. If someone knows of a previous thread, please share!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 10:02:22 am »

Permissions on the file or directory?

Different user?

pgrisham

• World Citizen

Negative on all those ideas. It is on a desktop with full rights and I only have 1 user. It has been a month and I haven't seen it, unless it comes and disappears after a while. I doubt this, since it is a Windows dialog box.

My current guess is that it must be a problem with the podcast feed itself, most likely from their end? being a non-standard RSS syntax or related issue...I think it only happens on certain podcasts, so I'll try to verify the next time it happens.

pgrisham

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 11:27:56 pm »

I am still having this issue (also in version 22 btw). Has this ever been solved? I still get a copy/replace dialog box for all podcasts for that day and it is frustrating! Anyone have any ideas?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 07:50:34 am »

I am still having this issue (also in version 22 btw). Has this ever been solved? I still get a copy/replace dialog box for all podcasts for that day and it is frustrating! Anyone have any ideas?

Is it just a certain podcast it happens with?  And if so, could you share the URL so we could test here?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up