INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues with .50, Media Center Remote volume control  (Read 2136 times)

Ark :D

• Recent member
Issues with .50, Media Center Remote volume control
« on: March 08, 2016, 08:27:57 am »

Hello everyone,

Still having a few problems with .50 ... any help would be appreciated.

1)  Still having occasional "Media Center 21 has stopped working" messages.  When this happens, Media Center closes, but is fine after I re-open it.  As specified in my old thread, I went to "Help -> Logging", but this requires that I reproduce the problem which I cannot.  Should I just enable logging for when it happens next time?

2)  "Volume Down" on my remotes sometimes stops working.  The problem happens on all three of my .50 HTPC's, all three of which are running MCE remotes.  Problem can be fixed by closing and reopening Media Center 21.  It seems I can reproduce this issue by holding down the Volume Down button to reduce volume rapidly;  then after increasing the volume again, the Volume Down button no longer does anything.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Issues with .50
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 08:41:35 am »

I'm trying my MCE remote and I can just hold volume up and down until the slider hits the minimum or maximum and just go the other way no problem.

So you've got a bit of a puzzle.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 08:45:36 am »

Not sure what to do next.  I can add to this, that the problem never existed before I migrated from NextPVR 3.6.6/Kodi 15.2 over to JRiver MC (not saying that to be a jerk, just trying to add anything I can).

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 09:40:13 am »

Do you have a spare remote you can test with? Maybe the remote is going bad (I've worn out several myself).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 10:04:15 am »

Or batteries.

• Recent member
Re: Issues with .50, Media Center Remote volume control
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 09:32:26 pm »

Yes I do.  Being that I have three HTPC's, I have three remotes.  Two are the basic black MCE remote, and the third is a Dell-branded,thin, silver MCE remote.  They work interchangeably with all three HTPC's.  I just put batteries in one of them about a month ago also.

Unfortunately, again, the issue is fixed reliably by closing and reopening JMC 21.  :(

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Issues with .50, Media Center Remote volume control
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 10:57:09 pm »

Unfortunately, again, the issue is fixed reliably by closing and reopening JMC 21.  :(

Sure sounds like something is hanging.

Yes, enable Logging and leave it enabled, if you can. Next time it happens, make the log zip file.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up