INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Madvr Update - Massive Increase in Frame Time  (Read 2332 times)

Guybrush

• World Citizen
Madvr Update - Massive Increase in Frame Time
« on: March 12, 2016, 05:35:51 pm »

MC just updated and I have all the new changes to madvr (that I understand aren't that new - I've been behind on updates.) My GPU is a 980Ti and I've been using NNEDI3 @ 124neurons for all the applicable upscaling settings. After the update, all my movies were choppy so I checked the madvr rendering and it went from what used to be ~15ms frame time to 55ms. So I tried the new super-xbr. That brings me to 40-41ms frame times which is right on the border of dropping frames. This is for SD and HD content on my 4k TV (should require different processing power for different resolutions, but it doesn't.) If the madvr settings window is open, or I jiggle the mouse to get the cursor on-screen, the frame times drop immediately to ~12ms and stay there until the cursor or madvr window goes away. I assume with the cursor onscreen, it is in windowed mode? Why would that make such a huge difference to my frame times? I feel like with my 980Ti I should be able to run better settings than this. I know I could before the update. Any thoughts?
Pages: [1]   Go Up