INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id installation and performance tweaking  (Read 3101 times)

lateboomer

• Recent member
Id installation and performance tweaking
« on: March 15, 2016, 04:39:19 am »

I initially thinking to get one NUC 5CPYH and do all installation myself, but I think I might bite more than I can chew. So I am thinking to go Id Usb Kit route instead.

I got few questions:
1) If I used wired connection to router with Id, is there option to turn off wireless service? Also to turn off samba service, vnc or remote desktop to cut down background processes to improve sound quality? Or also turn off all video processes since I only use Id for music. If needed they could be turned back on easily?

2) If I got an Id Usb Kit and all my none tech savvy friends want me to setup Id for them. Could I use same kit for installation and buy multiple licenses for them and also NUC? Or how should I do it?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Id installation and performance tweaking
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 06:26:01 am »

I initially thinking to get one NUC 5CPYH and do all installation myself, but I think I might bite more than I can chew. So I am thinking to go Id Usb Kit route instead.

I got few questions:
1) If I used wired connection to router with Id, is there option to turn off wireless service? Also to turn off samba service, vnc or remote desktop to cut down background processes to improve sound quality? Or also turn off all video processes since I only use Id for music. If needed they could be turned back on easily?
Doing that would not affect audio and we would not support it.  Please don't modify Linux services unless you're expert with Linux.

lateboomer

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 07:29:42 am »

Ok. I will take heed. How about multiple licenses installation? My friends wanted me to do it for them for convenience.

lateboomer

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 10:14:07 pm »

I guess my English is poor. Let me re-phrase my question to make it simple. When I want to install Id to multiple NUC for different users, I should order Id usb kit for each of them, am I right?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 10:46:35 am »

At this time, we only sell it on a USB stick for a single customer.  This might change in the future.

lateboomer

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 12:10:58 pm »

Thank you for the reply. At least I know what is the workable approach. I think from my another thread of query, I will try myself to install JRiver 21 for Debian Jessie to NUC 5CPYH as the cool Donkey suggested and apply for multiple licenses for my friends, cause I only need to download once. But if it is beyond my capability, then I will order multiple Id usb kit to do it.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up