INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WDM Driver and Netflix 5.1  (Read 2333 times)

Guybrush

• World Citizen
WDM Driver and Netflix 5.1
« on: March 16, 2016, 11:31:16 am »

I've been away from watching Netflix for a while, but now I'm back in the game. Since the last time I watched much on it, there has been a Netflix app update (Windows 10), and MC has updated (latest build of v21). Now I'm not getting 5.1 surround from Netflix shows anymore. I'm talking about shows that have 5.1 and 5.1 is selected as the audio option in Netflix. It runs through the WDM driver, and although I'm outputting to all 5.1 speakers, the dialogue comes from all 3 LCR channels, like it does with a stereo source. I'm sure it didn't do this before. I had to reinstall the WDM driver with the MC update. Is there something I could've missed?

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: WDM Driver and Netflix 5.1
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 11:35:26 am »

Is the WDM driver configured as a 5.1 device?
JRiver removes and reinstalls the driver every time it updates, which resets it to 2ch 16-bit 44.1kHz, so you have to reconfigure it every time you update.
I don't know why they do this.

Guybrush

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 11:39:38 am »

That's probably it. I forgot that step. Isn't that a setting in Windows, though?

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 12:31:25 pm »

That's probably it. I forgot that step. Isn't that a setting in Windows, though?
Yes, you have to open up the Sound Control Panel and configure the JRiver WDM device. Every update.
Pages: [1]   Go Up