INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tracks for one Album appears multiple times  (Read 1274 times)

JerryLBell

Tracks for one Album appears multiple times
« on: March 16, 2016, 07:30:22 pm »

I've got a weird one. Using Exact Audio Copy, I ripped my MFSL CD of Backless by Eric Clapton to lossless FLAC files, tagged them using Mp3Tag and added the folder containing those files to a "Clapton, Eric" subfolder under a folder that I imported into MC21. It's the same process I've used with hundreds of others of CDs from my collection. If I look at the album (whether under Genres or Albums or Artists), each track appears in the datagrid 10 (ten) times. If I look across the rows for each title, I see all 10 files for each of the songs. It's like MC21 thinks that each of the files is all 10 titles. I've tried removing the album, refreshing the database, re-adding the album and refreshing the database and I get the same results. What can I do to resolve this?

By the way, the genre tag is off for this album as well but I'll post that in a different topic.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tracks for one Album appears multiple times
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 07:47:29 pm »

Do you mean you see 10 separate albums?  Each album with one track?

If so, you probably have the Artist field set to a different value for each track.  Or perhaps the Album Artist field is set funny.

Highlight all of the files and open the Tagging Pane (Edit > Tag).  Look at [Artist] and [Album Artist] and see if either of them say "varies".  That would indicate that, for the files highlighted, that field has different values.

Now that I look at that album, I see that 8 out of 10 tracks include guest artists.  So I'll bet the Artist field is different in 9 out of 10 tracks.  That would explain this for sure.  All you need to do is fill out [Album Artist] with a value like "Eric Clapton" and then they will all group as a single album.

Good luck!

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up