INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some ID3 tag information is not showing what I've defined for a few albums  (Read 915 times)

JerryLBell

I've got another weird one. My process for getting music into MC21 is as follows:

• Rip the Cd using Exact Audio Copy to lossless FLAC files
  • Tag them using Mp3Tag
  • Add the folder containing those files to an artist-name subfolder subfolder under a "Music" folder
  • Imported into MC21 (or refresh the database or whatever

It's the same process I've used with hundreds of others of CDs from my collection and 99.9% of the time it works great. All the ID3 takes are exactly what I've set (and how they appear under other media players, ID3 tag editors, audio file converters, etc.). But I've got a few that are just wrong. For example, I've tagged Backless by Eric Clapton as Blues-Rock but it appears in MC21 as Blues" (including the trailing double quotation mark). Or The Portraits by Vangelis is tagged as Electronic but appears as Ethnic. In a few cases, the Artist is tagged with the correct spelling but appears under a different spelling. I thought that last one was a case of Album Artist trumping the Artist field but I checked and the Album Artist field is empty (as it is with all the CDs I rip).

Are these known issues or are these just gremlins unique to me?

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies!
Pages: [1]   Go Up