INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm sure I'm overlooking something easy!  (Read 1181 times)

agentmitten

• nothing more to say...
I'm sure I'm overlooking something easy!
« on: August 19, 2003, 05:27:43 pm »

I just recently switched from version 8 to version 9 (9.0.180, to be exact).  It used to be that if I highlighted 'Media Library' in the left tree, a search box would appear at the top and if I typed a word into it, a short list of tracks that matched that word would be shown on the right.  

But now, if I highlight Media Library on the left, I get a search box at the top, but I can't type anything in it.  There's a cursor, but nothing appears when I type.  (There's also a little text that says 'type here or click the wizard button to search')  I can do a quick search from the pull down menus (but not by hitting ctrl-q), but that doesn't give me a short list either, it just highlights the matching tracks.

Is the old functionality hiding somewhere else?  Am I doing something wrong?  The Help files seem to say that I should be able to type into that box.  Can anyone straighten me out?  Thanks so much.

Laura

agentmitten

• nothing more to say...
Re: I'm sure I'm overlooking something easy!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 05:50:38 pm »

Um, I just decided to try closing down and restarting MC.  Now the search box works just like it did in version 8.  Yay!   But what did I do to it to make it not work before?  I'd like to avoid it in the future...

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 06:05:18 pm »

I am of the sound mind when I say that upgrading versions by installing over the top of the old is problematic...I've always uninstalled first. But your up & running so...?

10-27

gkerber

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2003, 06:21:14 pm »

I've had that before in properties, without an upgrade.  A stop and start fixes it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up