INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote will not connect to either server...Timeout  (Read 4605 times)

Tristar71

• Recent member
JRemote will not connect to either server...Timeout
« on: March 11, 2016, 06:39:28 pm »

Hi Everyone,
I've had a problem now for a couple of months and it's now beginning to bug me... I have two PC's both running JRiver and connect to either using JRemote with my phone (Sony z3) and the iPad 2.... Problem is the Ipad version of JRemote will not connect to the library server of either PC.... I try connecting using either IP address or the access key but the ipad always gives me a time out message - saying it found two addresses (local and external) and they have timed out and won't connect.

Anybody have a solution or a reason why this may be happening.? The phone connects fine...

help appreciated

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote will not connect to either server...Timeout
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 11:02:09 pm »

I have found this to be a firewall issue in the past. Make sure that your firewall is allowing connections to MC, even if your phone is able to connect.

Tristar71

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 06:19:01 am »

thanks for the reply - I've checked the firewall and it was already on the exception list and ticked to allow access on both private and public networks... just in case... is there another process that needs to be added to the firewall exception list other than mediacenter21 ?

still no luck in getting it through or getting JRiver on the iPad to work :o( - phone access continues to be fine

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 06:31:35 am »

If you use the Access Key, JRemote should try both the inside address first and then the outside address. 

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 06:57:45 am »

Probably a long shot - but on my Router setup I have to manually enter each device's MAC address in the Router settings in order for Router to allow the device access.

Did the iPad ever work. If yes, what changed (MC version update, new hardware, etc.)?

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 08:28:10 am »

You might try a hard restart of the ipad.  I've had the network on an ipad go kind of wonky once and wouldn't connect to JRiver until I hard restarted it.

Brian.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 08:33:41 am »

My addition is to make sure the folders that contain the media are also excepted in the firewall / AV software
Pages: [1]   Go Up