INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help to extract and convert the music from two tracks of a Blu-Ray movie.  (Read 2883 times)

jsteingarten

I've been trying to extract the music from two tracks of a Blu-Ray film titled "Youth", and convert them to a hi-res aiff or wav version.  I use Windows 10 and MC 21.  I've downloaded the most recent AnyDiskHD and can both view and download the entire movie.  But I'd like to do something else--to take the music from two of the movie's tracks or scenes, and save it in a hi-res file on my hard disk, ideally 24/192 in aiff format.  I've spent two hours trying various combinations of MC commands and options using the Player menu and the Tools menu, clicking left and right and also trying available options in the Audio Rip Progress action window.
     I'd be grateful for any help, especially step-by-step instructions to accomplish my goal--which seems to me a ready-made process for MC21.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

So you have the BluRay disk itself and no digital files at all correct?  I don't know of a way for MC to do it all for you.  But you could do a procedure something like this, using a free tool plus MC and it should work well:

1.  Use MakeMKV to rip the relevant title of the BD (probably the main movie title) to an MKV.  Be sure to select the audio track you are interested in as well.
2.  Import the MKV video into MC.  Play it to make sure it has the audio you are looking for.
3.  Create a Particle of this movie to select the song you want to save.
A.  <right click on file> Stacks > Advanced > Create Particle
B.  (in the particle screen) Playback range > Play only this range > (fill in start and stop time)
C. Play the particle to make sure it has the right start and stop times for the song.
4.  Select the particle.  <right click> Library Tools > Convert format
A.  (on the convert dialog box) Convert video to audio > (checked)
B.  Options > Destination > (choose where you want the audio file)
C.  Mode > (choose your mode here, but you probably don't want to replace the original. )
D.  Close the options dialog.
5.  Back on the convert dialog.  Pull down the select box to select your audio format.
6.  Press Convert and watch the audio file get built.
7.  Repeat from #3 if you want to do another song.

Good luck.

Brian.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Easy, and all in MC.
- Select your BD in MC
- Right Click --> Convert Format
- Check the "Convert Video to Audio" box and set your Options
- Done.

More info in this thread - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80684.0
JRiver CEO Elect

blgentry

Jmone:  He doesn't have a video file yet.  I think he only has the optical disk.  He also wants to convert only 2 "songs" on the BD to audio.  Your method doesn't address either one of these does it?

Brian.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Just had a play and you can rip the audio from a physical BD Disc without ripping the whole disk first.  The easiest way I found is is:
- Put BD in drive and have MC "Do Nothing" (eg don't play or rip the disk)
- In Windows Explorer, just navigate to the index.bdmv and Import it into MC (see pic ImportBD)
- Now that it is in the Library you can use the Use the Convert Function (see pic Convert)
- When finished just eject the disc and delete ("Remove from Media Library")the Listing for the Disc

Now for the "track" part, couple of options using Particles:
1) Make Chapter based Particles first then rip the audio using the Particle (see the wiki for the guide on how to do this including by chapter)
2) Rip the entire Audio from the Disk and then brake into chapters.  eg - Make a couple of particles for the segments you want and tag it up (and they will then appear and play just those tracks - eg like cue files on a WAV).  You could even do a second convert pass on the particles if you wanted these tracks then broken into separate files.  
JRiver CEO Elect

blgentry

Wait... how can Media Center import encrypted BDs?  It doesn't have that ability does it?  Or do you have some sort of helper application installed that does on the fly decryption?

Brian.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Like the OP - AnyDVD HD is installed
JRiver CEO Elect

blgentry

Ah ok.  I'm normally pretty up to speed with most of MC's features, but the windows specific stuff sometimes eludes me since I don't have much experience with it.

I think at this point, either of our methods are roughly equivalent.  Neither are exactly straight forward, but neither are all that hard either.  Yes, it's still Media Center.  There are still at least 2 ways to do almost everything.  :)

Brian.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Yup lots of way to skin a cat.  I just try to do it all in MC where possible.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up