INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback delay with Mac Client and Win Server  (Read 3961 times)

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
Playback delay with Mac Client and Win Server
« on: March 17, 2016, 09:13:14 am »

I still have the same issue with a delay of several seconds before play back starts when Mac MC is client and Win MC is server. Also, this new version adds another issue: every other song doesn't play. It can be fixed by disconnecting from server and reconnecting, but not reliably fixed.

Ugh, this is really annoying. Anyone else having this problem?

Micah

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playback delay with Mac Client and Win Server
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 01:43:43 pm »

I haven't been able to reproduce this here. If I have a Mac MC client and a Windows MC server, there is not a delay like that before playback starts, and it plays every song in the list fine. Is there any more information you can provide. Is it not playing every other track every time or is it not playing tracks randomly? What version of OSX and Windows are you using? Does this happen with any file type or specific file types? Are there any other special configurations you're using? How are the computers connected to the network?

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 01:50:05 pm »

I haven't been able to reproduce this here. If I have a Mac MC client and a Windows MC server, there is not a delay like that before playback starts, and it plays every song in the list fine. Is there any more information you can provide. Is it not playing every other track every time or is it not playing tracks randomly? What version of OSX and Windows are you using? Does this happen with any file type or specific file types? Are there any other special configurations you're using? How are the computers connected to the network?

It's between every other song and every fourth song (so I guess I should have said around every third song). Sorry to be imprecise.

Windows 7 Home
OS X 10.10.5
FLACs seem better, oddly
No weird config, but my audio device is Core Audio to a Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 via ThunderBolt-to-FireWire
MacBook is wifi, PC is wired

Want a log?

Thanks!
Micah

BradATIMA

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 10:35:18 am »

Yes. A log might contain some more information. Please, make sure to reset the log just before you reproduce this problem.

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 05:04:28 pm »

Yes. A log might contain some more information. Please, make sure to reset the log just before you reproduce this problem.

So I haven't had any issues playing music all day with the newest version. I wonder if that DLNA change solved my issue too? It started suddenly just a couple versions ago.

Micah

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 02:16:59 pm »

Oh, sadly, it's started to happen again. http://benthic.cc/MacMC_log.txt is the log.

Thanks –
Micah

BradATIMA

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 03:38:06 pm »

Just so I'm sure of what you're doing, on a Mac version of Media Center, are you loading a library from a Windows version of Media Center, and then playing it to the local zone on the Mac? If not, can you please describe what you are doing?

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Re: Playback delay with Mac Client and Win Server
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 04:00:40 pm »

Just so I'm sure of what you're doing, on a Mac version of Media Center, are you loading a library from a Windows version of Media Center, and then playing it to the local zone on the Mac? If not, can you please describe what you are doing?
Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up