INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate tracks...but yet, not duplicate  (Read 2204 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Duplicate tracks...but yet, not duplicate
« on: March 18, 2016, 05:12:22 pm »

I bought a master license a while ago, and have used the Mac version sparingly, however, I just noticed after ripping some new tracks that they show up twice. 

I have sym-linked the music folder to a data drive (so ~/Music is linked to /Data/Steve/Music)...so they show up in my user folder, as well as the data drive, but they are technically the same location.

I thought that maybe I had the home directory set up in auto import, but I don't...just the data drive.  Any idea how to fix this easily?

blgentry

Re: Duplicate tracks...but yet, not duplicate
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 05:31:57 pm »

Auto import only has the one folder.  Good.  The symlink is what's causing the confusion, but you probably knew that, which is why you told us.  :)

Take a look at the location for your ripped files:

Tools > Options > File Location > Audio (CD rips and podcasts)

It's probably set to ~/Music with a subdirectory.  So, when you rip, it puts the files there and imports them.  But auto import is looking at the "real" directory in /Data/... , so it imports the files *again*.

The solution is either to change the rip location to /Data/Steve... , or to remove the symlink.  Or to rip with another application.

In the mean time, you can easily delete all of the duplicates.  Use the Files view and drill down by location to ~/Music .  Or do a search for /Users/Steve/Music (or whatever the full path is).  Once you have the list of files, just choose delete and tell it to remove from Library only.  Do NOT remove from disk.  That should leave you with only one copy of each.

Brian.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
Re: Duplicate tracks...but yet, not duplicate
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 05:35:28 pm »

Yep, that was it.  I had already thought about deleting the duplicated tracks (duh!)...thanks for the rest, I now have it fixed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up