INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Actual track endings don't match MC track change  (Read 1245 times)

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Actual track endings don't match MC track change
« on: August 19, 2003, 01:03:54 pm »

Don't know how to describe this bug succinctly so bear with me.  Others have had this problem and I've seen it in various versions of MC9 including the most recent.  When a song track ends MC just keeps going and then registers the end of that track somewhere into the next one.  
When a CD is burned and you skip ahead to the next track it starts up somewhere a few seconds into it.  If you're playing a playlist the "now playing" icon doesn't appear for the new song until after the new song has started.

Ken

Media Center Registered 9.1.234 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2253 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 151 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: 100 %

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Actual track endings don't match MC track chan
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 01:10:29 pm »

MC will switch tracks "early" because of how MC buffers (so it can crossfade).  Not sure if that could explain it.

Play around with both the cross-fade length, and the buffering time.  Remember to stop in between tests for changes to take effect.

Also, does it matter what source (CD / HDD) or type of files?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 01:23:37 pm »

I don't burn with any cross fade or DSP but I do normally use a crossfade for playback.  I have tried turning that all crossfade off before burning but got the same early track switching on the recording.  I'll experiment with this some more and report back.

What is HDD?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2003, 01:56:48 pm »

We need to figure out if the burn is bad (test the CD in other players) or playback is bad. (try hard disk files instead of files from a CD)

Let us know.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up