INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote on iPad not connecting to MacBook Pro [Solved]  (Read 2980 times)

reynolds853

JRemote on iPad not connecting to MacBook Pro [Solved]
« on: March 20, 2016, 06:30:08 am »

Greetings,

My original purchase of JRiver was version v19.  At that time I also got JRemote.  Both pieces of software worked great with their default settings from the moment they were installed.  I eventually purchased the upgrade to JRiver v20 but that version wouldn't see my media player so I just kept using v19.  With the release of v21 I decided to try again, so I purchased it.  v21 didn't see my media player by default either but I was eventually able to figure out how to solve that problem.  Now the problem is that I can't get JRemote to see my MacBook Pro.  I've looked around a bit to try to figure out how to solve the problem but other than entering the access key in JRemote, which didn't solve the problem, no solution seems apparent to me so I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks for your help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote on iPad not connecting to MacBook Pro
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 07:15:19 am »

A firewall?

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Network_Access

Make sure you have Media Network turned on.

reynolds853

Re: JRemote on iPad not connecting to MacBook Pro
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 10:23:13 pm »

Jim,

Thanks for your reply.  I went into the Media Network settings and it was already turned on.  I noticed the access key, however, and went back to the JRemote app and found that there was a mismatch.  I corrected the access key in the app, restarted the app, and it's working fine now.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up