INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: feature request: artist- track - album - info - link to others - background  (Read 2495 times)

tester

• Junior Woodchuck

hello
this is a feature request for jriver and jremote together

i like the feature in jremote, that i can look in fileinfo for artist information and for example push the specific composer to get all disks from the composer...and of course the integration of pdf and pictures
thatīs great but by far not intelligent. i am looking for a better integration from second sources and some kind of smart search for the information in the app

for example: i am listening to Shostakovitch Symphony no5 dirigent: Valery Gergiev artist: Valery Gergiev - Kirov Orchestra

now the task would be to give information about Shostakovitch and or Gergiev and or Kirov Orchestra and or the 5th Symphony from Shostakovitch
classical is by far the most difficult request; cause there is no standard tagging. who is the artist - where to put the dirigent or the solist and what to do with the typical extra music ...

at the end i am asking for a small roon solution but faster and better background information...(allmusic,freedb, discogs,decibel,wiki...)

for me this would be a step in the next millennium;-)

thanks for youre ideas

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe

there are solutions from a Standard Mode View to get a lot of information via the link bar ... incorporating that into JRemote, if possible I admit would be pretty cool, (it have to open a browser up separate from the app, I'd think though). Still would be nice to have for Remotes and Theater Mode too.

You are right that there are no pure standards, but you can set up your tags to emulate big databases that you might like to consult. One of the issues is that english language tags dominate these ... and also handle multiple entries differently (ie. Allmusic uses the slash as a separator JRiver a semi-colon) using Conductor rather than dirigent and having artist and orchestra name be the same and just listing Kirov Orchestra, now called Mariinksy btw, as the Artist helps.

Remember that Roon costs so much because it is leasing you metadata and revamping your inputted tags ... it would not be cheap. I'd be willing to pay a bit per year for it, but not sure how many users would.

I'd be happy to be able to order the tag information panel just to see the tag info I want ... that would be a step in the right direction at least.

I agree though that metadata integration from the web or streaming services is the future for digital audio -- like it or not :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up