INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.234 beta available  (Read 8171 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.234 beta available
« on: August 18, 2003, 01:35:45 pm »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:    

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here:    

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91234.exe  

(backup your library before installing)      

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.      

History:
1. Fixed: User couldn't enter an empty directory rule in File Location properties dialog.
2. Fixed: Action Window wouldn't always load properly if MC was started in a view that didn't list files.
3. Fixed: MC could erroneously erase all thumbnails on close -- causing slowdowns.
4. Fixed: MC would crash when it encountered a format conversion it wasn't able to do. (i.e. mono -> 5.1)
5. Fixed: MC would flash to the Action Window during ripping.
6. Changed: List tooltips now show filename.
7. Changed: Several updates to Action Window. (only PixOS updated for now)
8. Changed: List tooltips have larger images in them.
9. Changed: Playing files won't automatically switch the Action Window to "Playing Now".
10. Fixed: Player area wouldn't resize properly with large fonts.
11. Fixed: The CD copy dialog would disappear behind the MC window after each rip operation.
12. Changed: After importing images or files, MC will open Media Library instead of Recently Imported Playlist.
13. Fixed: Erasing from the search box could leave ghost trails.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Media Center 9.1.234 beta available
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 01:41:22 pm »

1)I think I get the same bug mentioned by NoCodeUK: dragging the scroll bar in the options menu changes the appearance of the scroll bar from MC skin style to the default windows style and back, making scrolling very jerky.  This bug has been there forever!      

2)When using ASIO for streaming web content, switching stations causes stuttering and occasionally crashes.      

3) MC downloads *.rm files instead of streaming them  
This is an old bug.      

3) I also liked selective text for tool bar buttons.  

4)Ease of Use Suggestion: Pictures of buttons should be in menues to the lefte of the corresponding action.

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2003, 02:02:17 pm »

misses the new proposal new browsing system.. :(
and matt, change the start up screen coz it is still 9.0 version
Tamer

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2003, 02:24:04 pm »

Just consolidating all my posts...

• The Action Window is shaping up really nicely. It's even asthetically pleasing now.  

Mostly...  

I think the Home page icons should be higher quality if you're going to make them that big. And the box around the icons should go. But other than that, it's looking nice.

One bug I noticed, though. If you navigate to a playlist using the Navigation menu, the drop target shows the correct number of files and the duration, but the playlist contents don't change. Navigating through the Home page works fine, though.

• I still think there should be a dedicated command, toolbar button, key-combo that takes you directly to File Properties, though.

And I just noticed the X to close the action window. Good addition. It should probably change to something else once the Action Window is closed, though.  

Maybe it should be replaced with an up and down arrow combination?

• I just noticed you can drag and drop files to the Action Window even when it's closed. That's awesome. Any chance we could navigate to different nodes without having to open it?

• When you have the Action Window closed and set to say... Home. And then you right click->Send To a file to the CD Burner, the Action Window opens but doesn't update the duration until you hover your mouse over it.

• I'm not sure I like how the AW handles adding files to Playing Now. It just seems really counterintuitive. No matter which of the Play-> options I pick, it always switches to Add to Playing Now. Why did this change?

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2003, 02:51:36 pm »

6. Changed: List tooltips now show filename.

Not too keen on this one.  They are now too long to appear on the screen properly.

Perhaps...

a) make it optional
b) make it relative from the Base Directory setting (e.g ".\The Beatles\Help\Help.mp3")

Adam(S)

NoCodeUK

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2003, 03:03:56 pm »

I like the enw Action Window stuff.  Looks very nice. The only problem I have with it is that the tree can still push it down to far and make it tiny.  Please have some way that we can lock it at a minimum size that it cannot get any smaller than.  With the new border although it looks very cool it is difficult to actually see the stuff shown as the actual viewing are is less than an inch high and I am running at 1024x768.  I would hat to see this on 800x600...

Adam

The add rule scrolling dialog error is still there.  Please look at the video I posted on my site http://nocodeuk.iwarp.com  It is under the link MC Error.  It is a flash but my site will only work on IE.  Not sure if anyone else is getting this.  Mkutsen it is not the same as the error you mentioned although I get this too.  I have the latest video drivers.  I dunno what is causing this but it is driving me mad.  It makes the add rule dialog totally unusable.  It is defnitely a drawing glitch as it happens with scrolling both using keyboard and mouse...
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2003, 03:12:05 pm »

The only problem I have with it is that the tree can still push it down to far and make it tiny

i think the better way is having it resizable like the panes and list view and when the tree gets too long scroll bars just appear..no pushing up and down..
Tamer

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2003, 03:20:22 pm »

I like the enw Action Window stuff.  Looks very nice. The only problem I have with it is that the tree can still push it down to far and make it tiny.  Please have some way that we can lock it at a minimum size that it cannot get any smaller than.  With the new border although it looks very cool it is difficult to actually see the stuff shown as the actual viewing are is less than an inch high and I am running at 1024x768.  I would hat to see this on 800x600...

Adam

The add rule scrolling dialog error is still there.  Please look at the video I posted on my site http://nocodeuk.iwarp.com  It is under the link MC Error.  It is a flash but my site will only work on IE.  Not sure if anyone else is getting this.  Mkutsen it is not the same as the error you mentioned although I get this too.  I have the latest video drivers.  I dunno what is causing this but it is driving me mad.  It makes the add rule dialog totally unusable.  It is defnitely a drawing glitch as it happens with scrolling both using keyboard and mouse...

I tried what you showed in that video. I don't have any horizontal scrollbars. Even when I lowered my resolution down to 800x600 and renamed one of my artists so it was like 200 characters long, I couldn't get a horizontal scrollbar to appear. Not sure why you have one.

But while I was playing around, I noticed that the vertical scrollbar has some drawing issues. It goes from being a small scroll button to taking up the whole scrollbar. Even when I stop, it stays really big. But then when I move my mouse back over it, it goes back to normal.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2003, 03:24:21 pm »

I like the new method for CD Burning dragging and dropping to action window then clicking the link at the top to show the window but it would work even better if the action window could display a summary of the files like it does when adding playlists then jump to the CD Burning window proper to tailor the options and make the burn.

Apart from this and the sizing issue mentioned above I think MC 9.1 is pretty much perfect.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2003, 03:27:04 pm »

Doof
I have the same issue with the vertical bars too.  The horizontals are an extra annoyance.  It has to be a drawing bug with this particular dialog as it doesn't happen with any of the others.  

I remember this happening very early on when the skinned scrollbars were first introduced.  Could it be that the scrollbars in this dialog were never properly updated?

Adam

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2003, 03:27:05 pm »

Oups, just came here to mention this... I couldn't resist doing so in my updates for the WinDoze skins  ;D

Not that this is actually a response to knickelfarz...

I just went poking around and noticed that there aren't seperate buttons for the open and closed states. Any chance there could be? That way a skinner could make an open and close button for the Action Window?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2003, 03:29:41 pm »

Apart from this and the sizing issue mentioned above I think MC 9.1 is pretty much perfect.

Well, I wouldn't say "perfect". We still need a dedicated way of opening File Properties. Because while the Action Window has introduced some new functionaliy, and made many things easier, it's made this one thing much more difficult to get to. The autoswitching just compounds the problem since before, I could just have File Properties displayed if I wanted to. But now I lose it whenever I use the Send To menu.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2003, 03:43:41 pm »

Just transferred a pic of my ideal sizing for Action Window and in doing so realized that the transfer to web dialog does not update.  the animation is static and the progress bar does not move...

Here is the pic:

http://www.jriver.com/photos/NoCodeUK/MCAW.jpg

Basically the sizing here for me would be optimum.  I would not want the AW any smaller than this...This allows enough space to see most of the tree without having to scroll but does not make AW views ridiculously tiny which is what is happening at the moment eg try switching to Playing Now with only one file listed...

Adam

NoCodeUK

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2003, 03:46:58 pm »

Another small thing...please could the image in the AW follow the currently playing track rather than the currently selected one...

Adam

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2003, 04:03:24 pm »

I just went poking around and noticed that there aren't seperate buttons for the open and closed states. Any chance there could be? That way a skinner could make an open and close button for the Action Window?

Maybe you would like to have a short look at the latest version of WinDoze... Do you think that "Up-Down" button is enough? (I would prefer seperate buttons for minimize / maximize too...)

By the way - Does anybody knows what the empty space below the AW is for? Was that mentioned before??

Pensive_Chimp

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2003, 04:38:54 pm »

B2. When MC is busy for a long while (such as updating properties for 5,000 files), the display does not update, which means I can't access my desktop, and other windows will show ghost images when closed, moved, resized, etc.

B5. Running mouse up the rating column will keep the rating hover effect on once you leave the area.

B9. Page Down in thumbnail mode doesn't work if there are 1.9_ rows or less.

B10. Full screen Track Info does not quite go full screen. Some of the frame borders (or something) are still showing. This is quite obvious if you make a completely black track info. Other full screen views seem fine.

B14. Properties window will show properties from the last selection set while in a completely unrelated area (Wed Media, TV, Start, etc.).

Cannot test right now because this is on another machine I can't update right now, but I haven't seen fix notices for these.

B3. Embedded images within music files are not transferred over the Media Server. They should show in Playing Now, as thumbnails, and in the properties windows.

B11. F2, and click twice to edit, don't work on the second of a two monitor system if the second monitor is to the left or above monitor 1. If MC is on monitor 1, hitting F2 will put me in edit mode, on monitor 2, F2 is ignored. F2 works normally in other applications under these conditions.

B15. Can't use backspace or delete when editing a smartlist by typing when using MC on a second monitor when the second monitor is to the left or above monitor 1.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2003, 05:05:35 pm »

Another small thing...please could the image in the AW follow the currently playing track rather than the currently selected one...

Adam

That would certainly make the Image window meaningful.

How do you propose working with cover art images while listening to music?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2003, 05:16:35 pm »

Except that in MC, nothing selected is the same as everything selected. And Playing Now is often times the exact place where I work in Cover Art and lyrics etc.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2003, 06:20:18 pm »

Maybe the Image Window in properties should reflect the current selectin but there could be an extra image window within the Action Window which follows playing now and cannot be edited.  This would be a good default to stick the Action Window in when it wasn't being used and wouldn't affect anything currently in the action window...as for any properties or image changes while music is playing...i do all my tag editing in the media library anyway.  I never use props...

Adam

ZRocker

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2003, 06:28:40 pm »

Bugs:
1. The Action Window won't stay where I set it (File Properties > Detailed Info).  This is so annoying...Action Window keeps changing based on what ever the 'last action' I performed...I don't like/want that 'feature'.

gkerber

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2003, 06:53:32 pm »

I like the new method for CD Burning dragging and dropping to action window then clicking the link at the top to show the window but it would work even better if the action window could display a summary of the files

Yes, I drag files to it, what did I select, did I already select that?  There is no way to know while in dragging mode.

gkerber

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2003, 06:57:25 pm »

How do you propose working with cover art images while listening to music?

What do you do with them?  This is not a stupid question, I hope.

I import music, add images and then we're done right?

What else is there to do with them, other than to display them while playing or using them to select music from, with album thumbnails displayed?

Since you asked the question, I know there is something I could be doing with them that I never knew I could be doing...

But either way, I'd still like to be able to see the image for what is playing NOW, rather than what is selected NOW.  If there is a need to do both, then we need both.

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2003, 06:58:34 pm »

I think the Home page icons should be higher quality if you're going to make them that big.

In general, every button in MC could be higher quality. At least, XP users are used to see very beautiful and soft icons...

A property is a property. The image you are talking about is at the same level as "Detailed info" or "Statistics". It make no sense that image follows current playing track.

I am not sure this other propose make much sense to include it in the "Action Window". I propouse to include visualizations (and track info, and image, ...) inside AW. This way, if you wish to, you could show the current playing track's cover art. Or you could show a visualization (a oscilloscope, a planetarium, a spectrum analyzer,...). Or you could show, obviously, the playig now track list. It cuold be pretty nice.

gkerber

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2003, 06:59:34 pm »

Except that in MC, nothing selected is the same as everything selected. And Playing Now is often times the exact place where I work in Cover Art and lyrics etc.

Ultimately, the problem is that MC is trying to figure out what we want displayed in the Action Window, and it can't guess properly for everyone.  I'd like to be able to choose what is displayed and have it STAY there, maybe an "Turn off Guesser Mode"?

gkerber

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2003, 07:05:16 pm »

BUG (IMHO)

I select an album or artist in the tree or panes view.

Right click, select "Play"

The existing display in the Playing Now area of the Action Window does change to show what is actually playing.  What I asked for is playing and is shown playing in the display area at the top of the program.

When I click somewhere in the track area, then it finally changes the Action Window Playing Now display to the current Playing Now, instead of the previous Playing Now display.

------------------

I really really want a way to lock the action window to a function and have it NEVER change until I tell it to.  There is no way the Action Window can accurately predict which thing to display for all users in all situations, meaning it will be wrong some percentage of the time.  MC is getting too AOL like....  

shock

• Recent member
  • I groove in stereo ...
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2003, 07:07:01 pm »

Just installed this baby, and - gak! - I've got some adjustments to make.  

Overall, it's looking awesome.  The action panel is going to take some getting used to.  It takes up some valuable screen real estate, so I'll have to figure out how to maximize its usefulness.

The properties window is absolutely _not_ intuitive to find.  In the previous version (9.0.x), it was immediately obvious, but it takes a bit of digging to locate.  I've yet to find where I specify the image file.

The stock media categorizations have changed.  Good lord, man!  Where's the Genre category?  Sure, I figured out how to add it, but am I the only one who uses this?  Surely this'll be added back before it goes primetime.
shock

gkerber

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2003, 07:09:14 pm »

I am not sure this other proposal make much sense to include it in the "Action Window". I propouse to include visualizations (and track info, and image, ...) inside AW. This way, if you wish to, you could show the current playing track's cover art. Or you could show a visualization (a oscilloscope, a planetarium, a spectrum analyzer,...). Or you could show, obviously, the playig now track list. It cuold be pretty nice.

If the Action Window shows "playing now" then it's logical that it could show the image for the current "playing now".  If there is a need to show the image for the current selection, then we simply need to show two image choices, one

Show Current Selected Image
Show Current Playing Now Image

AND a way to lock the Action Window selection to stop it from  deciding what IT thinks I want to see and auto switching.

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2003, 07:25:26 pm »

AND a way to lock the Action Window selection to stop it from  deciding what IT thinks I want to see and auto switching.

Yes.  I guess they know. At least, a flash access to Properties window.

Also a obvious feature that it is still missing. I guees they know, but it is so critical, I'll insist: "Burn CD" does not show the file list to burn, it shows a meaning less image...  

And one more little thing: Lists in AW could include each file icon (at least, a way to indentify current playing now song...)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2003, 08:10:03 pm »

What do you do with them?  This is not a stupid question, I hope.

I import music, add images and then we're done right?

What else is there to do with them, other than to display them while playing or using them to select music from, with album thumbnails displayed?

Since you asked the question, I know there is something I could be doing with them that I never knew I could be doing...

But either way, I'd still like to be able to see the image for what is playing NOW, rather than what is selected NOW.  If there is a need to do both, then we need both.

Well, let's not forget that there are more images than just those assigned to an audio file.

But even talking about just those...

Let's say I'm playing a bunch of songs. I notice that one doesn't have coverart. So I tell MC to get it. It fails. So I go look for it myself. I find it, come back and paste it in. But darn, the song changed while I was looking and I just pasted over the image of the song that was playing. Or let's say I even noticed that it had changed. I still can't do anything unless I tell MC to start playing the song before. It's just asking for trouble. Especially when MC already displays the album art in Playing Now. Either when a Track Info is displayed, or when None is selected as the vis plugin.

Now let me ask YOU a question. Why do you need to see the album art for the currently playing song?

And why bother having the AW display it, when it's just going to jump to something else the first time you do anything?

ToddW

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2003, 08:27:42 pm »

Problem:

When IE6 is maximized and when MC9 is in a smaller window and MC9 is maximized the screen is distorted and does not maximize properly.

shock

• Recent member
  • I groove in stereo ...
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2003, 08:41:13 pm »

Okay, I guess I'm an idiot.  How do I change the genre for an artist (all albums) or a specific album?  I'm not seeing it.
shock

shock

• Recent member
  • I groove in stereo ...
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2003, 08:50:43 pm »

Okay, I found it.  The wonders of the action window.  However, is there not longer a way to do a mass update?  For example, I have many albums that have incorrect MP3 tags.  When I go to (unassigned) and select an entire album, I can change tha Artist, which results in

Saving tag changes (1 of 12)
Saving tag changes (2 of 12)

Then I update the album name, and

Then I update the genre, and

Is there a way to do a mass update, so that all of these changes can be made at once?
shock

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2003, 09:16:42 pm »

I agree with everyone else regarding the need to be able to lock the properties (or any other part of the action panel).

Also, I would really really love the ability to choose which properties fields to show. A little menu where you can tick just the fields you want to see (like with the columns) would be great, and if you could save it so that every time you look at a music file etc. you could see the same properties then that would be cool too.

I do like the design though.

Also, and I wonder why this hasnt been done yet, since I guess it would be pretty simple: the panes should auto size (especially for the panes with grouping) or at leat be resizable, to get rid of the useless space.

And I think that it is a bit cumbersome to create the same pane twice and then add grouping to one of them. Why not just create a panel and have a menu item or tick box which would add grouping to it if you like. Then the grouping wouldnt even necessarily have to be in a seperate pane, but could just sit at the side of its relevant  parent.

These two issues are really the only significant issues that disrupt smooth use of the program for me. It's a fantastic prgram. Thanks.

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2003, 09:17:50 pm »

Adam

This would be nice, it would also be helpful if the playing now in AW would have a (green) arrow on currently playing track.

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2003, 09:29:57 pm »

All these new whizzy panes and such are great fun but back in the boring world of just making stuff work:
The tracks still don't end properly.  Whether its the "now playing" highlight in playing now or on a playlist or ON A BURNED CD, the song ends, the next one starts and it still shows and acts like the previous track.  Therefore skipping ahead to a track lands you somewhere in progress on that song.  Or it will say, for example Track 3 (or the tag name) long after the track 4 has started playing.
This one has been around and reported many times.  Burning bad CD's is a pretty serious bug, would love to see this fixed!
Ken

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2003, 09:50:05 pm »

This version seems to have broken my ability to sync my iPod.  When I do a sync, there is a long pause, and then an error "message" that doesn't have any message -- i.e. it's just a red "X" and some sort of odd character.

Larry

nila

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2003, 12:21:03 am »

Just consolidating all my posts...

• The Action Window is shaping up really nicely. It's even asthetically pleasing now.  

Mostly...  

• I still think there should be a dedicated command, toolbar button, key-combo that takes you directly to File Properties, though.

And I just noticed the X to close the action window. Good addition. It should probably change to something else once the Action Window is closed, though.  

• I just noticed you can drag and drop files to the Action Window even when it's closed. That's awesome. Any chance we could navigate to different nodes without having to open it?

Agree with all this :)

I didn't realise this but this is GREAT news - could it be set to work like the old drop target when minimised? Esp. the CD Burning version of drop target that showed a summary of the CD lined up to be burnt (number of files, time used, etc)

Gotta say - MC9.1 is looking SEXY these days on a pure aesthetic point of view - with any of the HOT skins out there - PixOS looks darn good!

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2003, 12:42:39 am »

As per the reports in the support thread, I reverted back to the 9.0.43 portable drive plugin and I can sync the iPod again.

Larry

rocketsauce

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2003, 02:12:27 am »

Adding a new view scheme to the Media Library causes an illegal operation and shuts MC down.

Media Center Registered 9.1.234 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 730 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 148 MB
Resource Info: System - 60 %, GDI - 74 %, User - 60 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1210A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

NanjingGuy

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2003, 03:31:56 am »

Startup settings do not 'take'.
Startup Volume.
This only sets the wave volume to max. The Windows volume control is never changed and the volume slider in MC never shows the value I set in Startup Volume.
Startup Page.
I have it set to Playlists. No matter where I have it set I always start in Playing Now.

That's it. Easy, aren't I?

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2003, 05:00:04 am »

1)  The file properties ("Detailed Info," "File Type Info," etc.) don't display for files on the iPod.  When the iPod is highlighted, you can see information in the columns in the song list, but you can't pull up the information in the Action Window.

2)  Copy, Paste, and Rename are no longer available when right clicking items in the Action window or on the tree.  You can get around this, but I'm used to the standard "Windows behavior" access to these items, which is to include them in a right click menu.

3)  There is no longer any "Image info" in the Properties screen -- i.e. no more "location of image file," which showed a path name or said "inside file."  I miss this feature from MC9.0.

4)  The pane view doesn't work for the iPod like it does for the media library.  This makes it much more difficult to quickly browse what's actually on the iPod.  It seems like it would be logical for the pane view to work the same way for browsing both the media library and the iPod.

Larry

gkerber

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2003, 05:18:32 am »

Copy, Paste, and Rename are no longer available when right clicking items in the Action window or on the tree.  You can get around this, but I'm used to the standard "Windows behavior" access to these items, which is to include them in a right click menu.

Confirmed in this build and the last, it did work prior to the action window.

This will be coming back, won't it?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2003, 06:01:28 am »

How would you know if the cover art for the currently selected track was displayed?

Because the coverart for the currently playing song is displayed in a Track Info screen. Or when the visualization plugin is set to None. Or when using a visualization that uses the cover art image. Or when using the 3D visualizations. Or when I just have the Playing Now list displayed as thumbnails.

That's 5 ways to see the coverart for the currently playing file. Currently there are only 2 ways to see the coverart for the selected file (thumbnail and AW). And you want to take one of them away from me. :P

But yeah, a seperate AW view that shows the coverart for the currently playing file would be cool. I just don't want to see what we have now go away because of it.

JohnT

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2003, 06:21:36 am »

The tracks still don't end properly.  Whether its the "now playing" highlight in playing now or on a playlist or ON A BURNED CD, the song ends, the next one starts and it still shows and acts like the previous track.  Therefore skipping ahead to a track lands you somewhere in progress on that song.  Or it will say, for example Track 3 (or the tag name) long after the track 4 has started playing.
This one has been around and reported many times.  Burning bad CD's is a pretty serious bug, would love to see this fixed!
Ken
I can't reproduce that here. Anybody else see this problem? Are you using cross-fading when you burn the CD? Can you post your system specs again?

Thanks.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2003, 06:21:37 am »

All these new whizzy panes and such are great fun but back in the boring world of just making stuff work:
Ken

Ken, please start a separate thread on this.  I don't think it's commonly seen.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2003, 06:25:51 am »

I totally agree Doof I definitely wasn't suggesting we lose functionali9ty but that we had another view added to show currently playing image possibly making Playing Now a sub menu containg list and image.  The image here could be a simple read only showing of the currently playing image.

This would be very cool and no functionality would be lost in  the process!!

Adam

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2003, 06:44:06 am »

PLEASE move discussions out of this thread.

Thanks.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2003, 09:20:55 am »

BUG: If the Action Window is set to image and a track thats selected has no image there is no way to select anything else in the Action Window without clicking onto another track.

Adam

jleerigby

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2003, 09:56:22 am »

BUG: If the Action Window is set to image and a track thats selected has no image there is no way to select anything else in the Action Window without clicking onto another track.

Adam

As soon as I hover my mouse over the AW I see the home icon in the top left.  Try it.

One problem though - like all the other icons in MC it appears to be greyed out unless you hover over it.  A complaint I've voiced in another thread.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2003, 12:31:34 pm »

This happens if the tree is extended.  Because there is nothing in the action window it goes almost flat at the bottom and there is no way to get it to return...

Adam
Pages: [1]   Go Up