INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to upgrade?  (Read 1886 times)

roysgg

• Recent member
How to upgrade?
« on: March 24, 2016, 09:16:31 am »

First of all I want to mention that English is not my main language. So sorry in advanced for the mistakes on this and if I sound a little "rude".

I am a user of the v.18. It is really frustating for me and some mates, not to find a step by step guide for upgrading JRiver.

I tried to read all your "wiki" and tried to find a real guide in this forum and it is so complicated that I truly believe that JRiver is loosing so many "new sales" and "upgrade sales" for this reason.

I found this question that explains my situiation and of course no answer: "I have J Rivers already installed on my desktop PC and as everyone else does, I've change options and personalized certain things to my taste. For example, naming conventions when importing new media. I'd like to also install J Rivers on a Laptop I just bought and was wondering if there was a way to copy those exact same settings to my new install? Or if I had to go through the whole process over again from scratch? "

I won't buy the upgrade untill some one take care of people like me that are not "technical expert" on Windows, REGEDIT, Wikis, Fourums, etc...

I am waiting till I recieve and Email telling me that there is a newest version of JRiver with the step by step guide in order to upgrade in that email. And when I say step by step I don't mean ... "For this step read in here (link to wiki), for another step (another wiki link).

JRiver is the greatest Media Center available and I love it. I love my v.18 and I would really like to buy the newest one each time it beccomes available but I am just afraid to be missed in the complicated process of upgrading having to read all the steps need it in diferents links.

How hard can it be to do this?

1.- Buy and download your Upgrade (new version) in here
2.- Install in your computer
3.- Step 1 to export your settings
4.- Step 2 to export your settings
5.- Step x to export your settings
6.- Delete or uninstall your older version doing this
7.- You are done.. enjoy

Best Regards

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 09:31:01 am »

You won't get a step-by-step upgrade guide. So if your waiting for that, I think you will be stuck with V18.

Note that doing an upgrade where you skip a couple of versions is not as easy (as a lot of features change), however you can test this your self for free. You can download and install v21 and test it under the "free trial period".

1) Make a backup of your v18 library (the backup includes your v18 settings) then
2) install v21 on your laptop,
3) copy over the v18 library backup file to your laptop, then
4) start v21 and use the "restore library" feature to "install the v18 settings into your v21.

See if all your settings are copied over.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to upgrade?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 09:35:30 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up