INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Missing" recording  (Read 6456 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
"Missing" recording
« on: March 25, 2016, 05:10:47 pm »

First off - I don't think the TV recording is stable yet.  This type of problem happens pretty often and I don't record that much TV...

I setup recordings for last night's NCAA basketball games.  I'm on the west coast, so one at 4PM and one at 630PM.  I forgot to set it up, so the 4PM recording started at about 5, but that's only relevant because the seize is half as expected. 

I watched some live, finished the first game and started watching the second.  I'm watching on a client PC.  Halfway through the second game, I hit stop and figure I'll finish watching the rest today.  Today I go into MC, find the 630 recording and hit play.  Nothing plays, and the duration doesn't show in Theatre View.  I remote into the server and go to Television > Recordings and it shows the 630 recording with nothing in the Size column.  I then look at Video > Files, find the file and it says it's 1.4 MB, the 4PM recoding shows as 10 GB.  This isn't possible because I watched the recording live for about half the game, so it should be 20-30 GB.  I went to Video > TV to watch it, not to TV > Schedule so it wasn't just paused TV that was lost. 

I look at the network drive with the jtv files on it and there are files dating to 11PM (which makes sense because I think I set it to record for an extra 120 minutes).  There are in fact, 38 GB of files in the folder named NCAA Basketball Tournament - NCAA Basketball Tournament 2016-03-24, which seems about right.  But for some reason they aren't showing in MC... 

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: "Missing" recording
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 07:55:50 pm »

Which format did you choose to record TV shows to?

Were the two games aired on the same channel?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 08:38:35 pm »

Which format did you choose to record TV shows to?

Were the two games aired on the same channel?

JTV.

Yes, back to back.  Both recordings are in the same folder (I assume at least).  The .cnk files are dated from 4:56 to 11:00.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 12:51:36 pm »

Yes, back to back.  Both recordings are in the same folder (I assume at least).  The .cnk files are dated from 4:56 to 11:00.

So this happened again last night (again a 4PM recording and a 630PM recording, back to back).  I have .cnk files from 4:02PM to 11PM in one folder.  I assume it's going to happen again tonight - and I'd like to prevent that.  I'd also like to watch the second game from last night... Is there anyway that you can think of to make MC "see" the second recording here?  I'll change the recording for tonight to just be one that goes for 7 hours instead of 2 back to back ones - that way I can at least fast forward to get to the second game.

EDIT:  I should also say, I assume the problem here is not back to back, but that it's back to back with the same name? This is the name of the folder: NCAA Basketball Tournament - NCAA Basketball Tournament 2016-03-25. 

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 01:08:47 pm »

The cnk files are supposed to be in the same folder when back to back recordings are done on the same channel.

If all is done correctly, there should be two jtv files.  Three sets of jtf, jti files.  Do you see both jtv files in the same folder?

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 01:23:30 pm »

The cnk files are supposed to be in the same folder when back to back recordings are done on the same channel.

If all is done correctly, there should be two jtv files.  Three sets of jtf, jti files.  Do you see both jtv files in the same folder?

Yes.  And an extra jtf and jti... The names and date/times don't match up to what I would expect though. 

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 02:11:40 pm »

The files are there.  Nothing is missing.

The file ending with "2016-03-24.jtv" is your first recording.  The file ending with "2016-03-24(1).jtv" is your second recording.  

Make sure you do not delete or move any file in the folders.  You should be able to see these recordings inside MC, under Recordings.  If not, try right-clicking the jtv file in File Explorer and choose Media Center / Import.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 03:09:43 pm »

The files are there.  Nothing is missing.

The file ending with "2016-03-24.jtv" is your first recording.  The file ending with "2016-03-24(1).jtv" is your second recording.  

Make sure you do not delete or move any file in the folders.  You should be able to see these recordings inside MC, under Recordings.  If not, try right-clicking the jtv file in File Explorer and choose Media Center / Import.

I'll try to manually import them later (or play the files goes directly)  and let you know what happens.

I put missing in quotes because the files are there, but in MC when I play it, it immediately stops.  It's missing from my MC library, but not my drive.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 04:33:56 pm »

Have you checked the "Recently Imported" Playlist, or searched for the recording under Movies in MC?

As these are long recordings they may be getting incorrectly flagged as Movies instead of TV Shows, in which case they will be hard to find, unless you know where to look. So check the Recently Imported playlist, or Video>Movies view, or Video>Files and drill down to the location, then check the [Media Sub Type] tag and check it is [TV Show]

I have this happen to me fairly often with long recordings. For regular TV recordings that are going to be long, if this is happening, add a tagging rule in the Recording Rule to set [Media Sub Type]="TV Show".

EDIT: Oops. I see you have checked the Video>Files section, and that when you play the jtv file itself it stops almost immediately. Probably still worth checking the above, but it looks like something else is going on.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 06:57:09 pm »

If none of our suggestions works, then it might be the case of a corrupt recording.  You can try directly playing the time-shifting buffer by right-clicking the JTS file in File Explorer and select Media Center / Play.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 10:38:57 am »

If none of our suggestions works, then it might be the case of a corrupt recording.  You can try directly playing the time-shifting buffer by right-clicking the JTS file in File Explorer and select Media Center / Play.

Same thing happens with both.  When I right click 2016-03-24 (1).jtv and play in Media Center, MC opens, then closes the file immediately.  When I do the same with the JTS file, it does the same.  The behavior is the same with the recordings from 3/24 and 3/25.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2016, 01:10:46 pm »

Same thing happens with both.  When I right click 2016-03-24 (1).jtv and play in Media Center, MC opens, then closes the file immediately.  When I do the same with the JTS file, it does the same.  The behavior is the same with the recordings from 3/24 and 3/25.

It does seem to be the case of corrupt recordings.  Sorry.  I will be on the look out for finding bugs that may cause it.  Please turn on logging and send me the logs next time it happens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up