INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display of edited DNG  (Read 1315 times)

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
Display of edited DNG
« on: March 26, 2016, 05:29:32 am »

I have just started an interesting discussion on the Lightroom forum about embedded images in DNG files (http://www.lightroomforums.net/threads/dngs-in-other-programs.27911/). The problem is that when MC shows a DNG image as far as I know it shows it "as is", but cannot show it as it has been edited in LR (with crops and other image enhancements). I do not want to generate another set of jpgs for use in MC, so I wondered whether it would be possible to update the embedded image in a DNG file to reflect recent changes and this is possible. The question is whether  MC actually shows this embedded image or generates its own?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Display of edited DNG
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 07:03:09 am »

MC's own editing preserves the original (by default) and only records changes to it.

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Display of edited DNG
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 04:17:17 pm »

MC's own editing preserves the original (by default) and only records changes to it.

Hi Jim,

I am not talking about editing. I am merely interested what MC does when presented with a DNG file. Does it read the embedded jpg (which can contain the updated edit info) or does it interpret the dng without ever touching any embedded files?
Pages: [1]   Go Up