INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I change tag info for all albums by one album artist?  (Read 2018 times)

Gwilson

• Junior Woodchuck
How do I change tag info for all albums by one album artist?
« on: March 26, 2016, 07:08:51 pm »

I swear I used to be able to do this.  Sometimes I want to change the Artist name for all albums under one album artist name or sometimes I just want to change the Artist field for all the tracks on a single album.  Now when I just highlight an album artist or single album in the index on the left of the screen,  I get a message that no files are selected.  For instance, if I want to change the artist for an album from Kinks to The Kinks - now I have to do it for each track.  Is there a way to do it for all tracks on an album at once?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How do I change tag info for all albums by one album artist?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 07:19:30 pm »

After you select from the tree on the left, look to the right.  You'll see albums or songs (depending on what view you are using).  Click in the right area and highlight all.  Control-a is good for this.  Now all songs are selected.  When you open the tagging window, it will have all of the songs selected and let you do your edit as you are used to.

The old behavior of "select all visible files by default" was changed about 6 or 8 weeks ago.  There has been quite a bit of discussion about it.  Not that you need to read it.  Just letting you know there was a change.

Brian.

Gwilson

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: How do I change tag info for all albums by one album artist?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 11:09:22 pm »

Thanks - it works fine.  I just need to be more careful when ripping and these changes wouldn't be needed.  And thanks also for letting me know there had indeed been a recent change in how to do this.  I may be crazy, but at least not in this instance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up