INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Update lists on iPad  (Read 5690 times)

normd

• Recent member
How to Update lists on iPad
« on: March 26, 2016, 10:06:16 pm »

I created a new list under Audio on my MC but I can't get it to show on my iPad list.  How do I update the iPad to reflect what is on the MC?  I have pressed the refresh button on my iPad several times.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to Update lists on iPad
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 07:26:55 am »

I created a new list under Audio on my MC but I can't get it to show on my iPad list.

Under Audio, the items are called Views.  They can have Panes, Categories, etc.  These are meant as organizational structures to show large portions of your library, perhaps the entire library.  Just organized a specific way.  Is that what you meant to do?  Or were you just trying to create a playlist?  If you just want a playlist, create it down below under Playlists and it will show up automatically on the ipad.

If you really wanted to make a new View, you can show this on the ipad too, but it requires a different procedure, which I can describe if necessary.

Brian.

normd

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 07:33:47 am »

Sorry, I should have used the right terminology - I'm a newbie and on a steep but fun learning curve.  Yes, I have nine Views on my MC under Audio.   See attached.  But only eight are showing up on my iPad.  The second one - Albums Sort By Artist is not showing up on the iPad.  The others are.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 07:54:20 am »

Ok, cool. :)

Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customize Views for JRemote...

Add or change views in this area and they will show up in JRemote.  Two notes:

1.  When you add or change views here, they are NOT linked to your main views.  Making changes in your main views will not show up in JRemote.  The JRemote views are copies.  You'll need to copy them over again if you want the new changes to show up in JRemote.
2.  Any time you add or change views in JRemote, you'll need to restart MC *and* JRemote.

Good luck!

Brian.

normd

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 04:25:05 pm »

Many, many thanks!!!  I forgot about setting the views in Media Center for my iPad.  Works great!!  Thanks for the tip about restarting the MC and JRemote.  When you mention restarting JRemote Will just exiting the app work or do I need to drag the app up off the screen after a double tap?

One more question:  In MC I have it set it up so I have
[Artist]
[Album]
showing in the pane.  I can't remember where I did that, so a reminder would be helpful as I really like it.

However, my real question can JRemote display a two line description under the album like I have in MC?

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 04:40:17 pm »

When you mention restarting JRemote Will just exiting the app work or do I need to drag the app up off the screen after a double tap?

Not 100% sure.  I usually force quit it, by dragging it off screen.

One more question:  In MC I have it set it up so I have
[Artist]
[Album]
showing in the pane.

Sounds like you're describing where you customize views?  Right click on the view, then customize view.

However, my real question can JRemote display a two line description under the album like I have in MC?

Yes.  Set up the text the way you want it in Standard View (the regular computer interface).  Then go to JRemote customization.  Remove your old "albums" view (or whatever view you are talking about).  Now add in the one from standard view with the Add button.  That should bring over all of the text as well.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up