Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tools?  (Read 1101 times)

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
Tools?
« on: August 18, 2003, 08:02:25 pm »

Nobody have said anything about the available tools in AW. I think it is because people does not use that tools, so they dont care much. At least, I rarely use any of this tools:

-Mail recipient
-Web or FTP folder
-CD Labeler
-Media Editor
-Default Editor

However, these "send to" targets are very important inside inside AW. They have button and they are "TOOLS" in AW. I expect to find very useful tools behind a link called tools, and obviously the more powerful tools a program can offer should be behind that tag.

In my opinion, the tools MC offers are not that ones. Real power of MC are "Library Tools" and "Image Tools". Here the ones I most use:

-Fill Poperties From Filename...
-Rename Files From Properties...
-Fill Track Numbers from List Order
-Lookup Track Info From YADB
-Submit Track Info To YADB
-Update Tags (from library)
-Update Library (from tags)
-Convert Format

-Quick Find In File /Cover Art Directory
-Get From Internet...
-Get From Scanner (if I had one...)
-Remove Cover Art

That are tools!

However, these tools don't even have a button to access. I have to know where are these tools, and I need to right-click. Why do you hide them so much?

I am not proposing to include this tools in the tools section in AW. I propose to delete "Tools" from AW, and to create buttons for *every* tool.

Yes, I would detele the "Tools" section in AW. Why is better to drag & drop than just clicking a button?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Tools?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 08:14:55 pm »

It should be renamed to "External Tools" since that's what it is. Just like the Send To->External Tools right click menu...

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2003, 08:27:39 pm »

It should be renamed to "External Tools" since that's what it is. Just like the Send To->External Tools right click menu...

Don't we have buttons to access "External Tools"? Why do we need them inside the action window?

It does not seems obvious to me that I need to drag songs to that big picture in order to send them to a external tool. It is not obvious either how it works: Should I drop one track at a time? Or should I drop all tracks at the same time? Then, buttons are the standard (and easiest, and obvious,...) way to do it.

nila

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2003, 11:56:44 pm »

I'd find the 'Library Tools' added as buttons a BIG help when tagging lots - esp.  : Fill properties from Filename. and Clean properties
Pages: [1]   Go Up