INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multichannel DSF File Playback  (Read 1798 times)

sneakmasterg

Multichannel DSF File Playback
« on: March 27, 2016, 04:22:37 pm »

I built a NUC5CPYH based Id using the USB kit.  I'm not able to get the multichannel DSF files I ripped from my SACD collection to play back without stopping to buffer during playback. 

I'm wondering if I need a more powerful NUC to play these files back.  I know my HTPC using an old i3-2105 can handle multichannnel DSF playback.  Could I assume that an i3 nuc would as well?  Would the same USB kit be compatible with other models in the Intel NUC line?  I don't want to convert the files to another format prior to playback.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multichannel DSF File Playback
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 01:38:50 pm »

I built a NUC5CPYH based Id using the USB kit.  I'm not able to get the multichannel DSF files I ripped from my SACD collection to play back without stopping to buffer during playback. 

I'm wondering if I need a more powerful NUC to play these files back.  I know my HTPC using an old i3-2105 can handle multichannnel DSF playback.  Could I assume that an i3 nuc would as well?  Would the same USB kit be compatible with other models in the Intel NUC line?  I don't want to convert the files to another format prior to playback.

It does sound like you don't have enough horsepower.
You could try increasing the buffering in the Audio settings but I suspect it will just kick the can down the road.
MC on the linux platform isn't quite as efficient as the windows version but it's pretty close.
Pages: [1]   Go Up