INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After Windows 10 Upgrade: Unable to register controls, run as power user  (Read 2558 times)

greynolds

• Citizen of the Universe

I updated my JRiver server from Windows 7 to Windows 10 today so that I can try out the new 3D video support.

At boot time, I get a message "Unable to register controls.  Run as power user." popping up when Windows starts and tries to start up JRiver.  If I click OK and then run JRiver, it starts up just fine.

What do I need to do to resolve this?  It's preventing the JRiver Media Server from starting in the system tray at startup, until I start JRiver manually.  The user I'm signing in with is the only user configured on the PC and is an administrator user.

glynor

• MC Beta Team

Reinstall it over top of itself. Sounds like something didn't install or register correctly.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

greynolds

Reinstall it over top of itself. Sounds like something didn't install or register correctly.
I had to reinstall JRiver to get it to even run as it initially gave a popup message that it was installed on a different version of Windows and needed to be reinstalled.  It's weird though, because it runs fine when I manually start it after the PC has finished booting.  In any event, I'll try reinstalling a 2nd time and see if that helps.

greynolds

I believe I've got this sorted out.

I reinstalled version 21.0.65 this morning, but was still getting some odd behavior, including the previous message of having been installed on a different version of Windows.

I just installed version 21.0.66 with the same result.

Finally, I uninstalled JRiver 19 and JRiver 20 from the system since I no longer need them and they had been installed under Windows 7 before the upgrade to Windows 10 and that seems to have resolved the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up