INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Export Entire Playlist  (Read 2430 times)

Daverich4

• Junior Woodchuck
Export Entire Playlist
« on: March 28, 2016, 04:23:27 pm »

I'm using MC 21 on a Mac. I have a playlist set up on one computer with the music on a hard drive connected to it. I copied the music to another hard drive and set up JRiver on a second computer with the second hard drive connected to it. I would like to copy the playlist from the first computer to the second one but for some reason, no matter what I do I only get two songs out of the 61 songs in the playlist to import. For output range I've tried all and selection and tried both with store paths relative selected and not selected. Searching the forum didn't give me any clues so I wonder if someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong. I have the directions for how to do it from the Wiki but they don't seem to be working for me. Thanks.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Export Entire Playlist
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 05:09:58 pm »

The file paths are likely different on the two computers.  So the directories leading to the songs have different names, probably at the top level.

I assume you want all of the music on the external hard drive to be imported into MC on the 2nd computer.  Are all of the songs on the drive imported?  That would be a good first step.

Brian.

Daverich4

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 06:29:21 pm »

Hi Brian,

Yes, all of the music is available on the second computer, I'm just trying to export/import the playlist without recreating it. Thanks.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 06:32:20 pm »

Take a look at the file path of one of the songs that won't import from the saved playlist.  Look at it on computer #1.  Now compare that path on computer #2.  Do you see an easy to resolve difference?  Like a different leading directory name or path?

If so, you can use Text Edit to do find and replace on the playlist file, thus changing the path.  This will work with an m3u file and most playlist formats.

Brian.

Daverich4

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 01:12:57 pm »

Take a look at the file path of one of the songs that won't import from the saved playlist.  Look at it on computer #1.  Now compare that path on computer #2.  Do you see an easy to resolve difference?  Like a different leading directory name or path?

If so, you can use Text Edit to do find and replace on the playlist file, thus changing the path.  This will work with an m3u file and most playlist formats.

Brian.

Hi Brian,

Thanks, that took care of it. Not sure why the same two songs kept importing and not the others because their path was just as wrong as the other 59 songs but doing what you suggested got me the whole set. Thanks again.

-dave-
Pages: [1]   Go Up