INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DAC Compatiblity Problems: Esoteric K 01X  (Read 1517 times)

John Morris

• Recent member
DAC Compatiblity Problems: Esoteric K 01X
« on: March 28, 2016, 10:22:28 pm »

I am trying to use MC on a Window's 10 laptop computer with the DAC in an Esoteric (TEAC) K 01X SACD player, but cannot get MC to play using the Esoteric ASIO driver.

If I connect my computer directly to the DAC via USB, MC recognises 2 Esoteric drivers, an ASIO driver and a Wasapi driver. MC will play using the Wasapi driver, but if I choose the ASIO driver, MC will not play.

When I try to connect the computer via an ethernet hub to a Buffalo Dela NAS, which I then input directly into the DAC via USB, then MC displays only the ASIO driver (the Wasapi option does not come up), and the ASIO driver does not play. In both cases, when I try to use the ASIO driver MC shows an error message telling me that the DAC cannot handle the necessary sample rate. This error message itself is in error, as the Esoteric Dac can handle all available sample rates, and does so when I use Linn Kinsky on Windows or Audionet Music Manager on Android.

Even though I can us both Kinsky and AMM in my current setup, I cannot get gapless playback from either, which is why I want to try using MC. I have confirmed on the Japanese language discussion list that I have got MC set up so that it should run, and my NAS comes up on the 'devices'-'Explorer' option and MC will access the files on the NAS no problem, so I believe that my problem can be reduced to a compatibility problem with MC and the Esoteric driver. Can anyone on the development side help me out?

John Morris
Pages: [1]   Go Up