INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I make an upgrade work?  (Read 1155 times)

Tim

• Junior Woodchuck
How can I make an upgrade work?
« on: March 30, 2016, 08:26:33 am »

I have had mc 17 for some time on pc (i7 8gb ram 64 bit) it has sometimes worked ok (baseline: the sound is good when functioning). It has however listed many album tracks several times so that the same track repeats itself.

So I thought I had better start afresh with 21 onto recently downloaded windows 10. This was after buying upgrade master licence and uploading mac version to macbook pro 2014. Not got round to seeing if that works yet. The windows version 21 still tagged random albums with duplications in the player list and cannot play from my external drive where, like many users, I store most flac files. 17 working under windows 7 simulation in 10) will play from the external - it's not the drive. It says it is buffering and sometimes 'spinning up disk', plays a few seconds then drops off again.

Also where can I find event style WASAPI as in 17 which sounds better than the asio for chord mojo I am being offered in 21.

When I tried to shut down 21 it took an age to quit and when trying to start up again it said it was for a different operating system and would not start at all (definitely downloaded windows version).

Also one simple one - where do I set destination for cd rips so they do not dump to mac or pc hard drives but go to external drives only?
I can do this with 17 on pc through options >file location. Whwn trying this with mac I try for an external drive folder and it says its invalid directory.

How can something that is paid for be so awkward to operate. Bottom line, I only need a reallly top rate sound output and a choice of where to send files + a simple to use and intuitive interface from which to choose the music. I am not into messing around with computers. I can get good results with other 'complex' programs such as Photoshop - why does JRiver always seem to be so hard to get working properly?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How can I make an upgrade work?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 08:53:00 am »

WASAPI is now the Event Style version by default. 

If you have an external drive that you need to include, set up your auto import options.  See "Getting Started" in my signature.

Reinstall MC if necessary.  Don't kill it when exiting.

In the options, you can set the location for ripped files.  It's in the Ripping options.

It would help if you can post questions with an appropriate topic and not mix Mac and Windows.  There is a Mac board here.

Tim

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 09:33:16 am »

Perhaps a forum for master licence holders - that is what has been paid for - options does not let me select external drive on mac. ::)

Straight away I am getting the blunt reply. Could someone who represents the company that has taken my money have the decency to help me resolve all of the issues I am experiencing. Why does the programme show multiple duplicate tracks on the same album for example?

thanks for a complete answer - i.e. I do not know what "do not kill it when exiting" means. what does "in my signature" mean?

from Tim (paying customer)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 09:49:15 am »

At the bottom of my post is my signature.

Please try what I've given you above.  When you need more help on a topic, please start a new one on the correct board.  

It would be helpful if you could work on Mac or Windows but not both, until one is running to your satisfaction.
Pages: [1]   Go Up