INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transfering license from a Mac to a PC  (Read 1678 times)

kevin.daly

• Recent member
Transfering license from a Mac to a PC
« on: March 30, 2016, 01:55:59 pm »

So based on the lack of capability of MC21 to use airplay effectively I am left trying to setup MC21 on a PC laptop as a HDMI wired music server and use J-remote. Is there anyway to transfer my license so that I dont have to pay for this program again?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Transfering license from a Mac to a PC
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 01:59:49 pm »

We don't exchange licenses.

You could purchase a Master License for MC21 for $29.98. 

kevin.daly

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 02:16:54 pm »

yeah Jim,
I could. Or... I have already spent enough for one license only to discover after the fact that while one can kind of get airplay working based on what your other customers struggled to come up with on forums while MC sat silently (i.e. I only just now learned you dont actually support airplay), I could switch back to Winamp and leave my opinion about MC21 on the internet for people to read while they contemplate which media software to buy. Fool me once...

Very disappointing experience! I searched your forums looking for a reason to believe that Airplay wouldn't work and found only that people had trouble getting it to work, not that it was never supported. Now I find today in response to my post that you dont support it, i cant be the only person who has asked this question... and you think i should spend another 30 bucks?   

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 02:23:18 pm »

I'm sorry that you assumed that airplay was supported.  JRiver doesn't claim it is.

As you know, we provide a 30 day trial before you purchase.

kevin.daly

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 02:32:09 pm »

Yes of course and by 30 days I got airplay to "just work" but having to go through the process I have described elsewhere. so having it just working I paid for the license. I dont think I am asking too much to just allow me to decommission the version i have on this mac and install it on a PC you would still make more money if I then have to buy J-remote. I did my best to make your program fit my needs and when it became clear (today) that it wasn't going to because you never intended it to be used in that manner.

I mean dont you see that by having a complete section of your forum on Ipod/Ipad/Iphone/AIRPLAY you are kind of suggesting (allowing people to falsely believe) that this is part of the functionality when in fact it is just a series of threads to allow venting for those who are struggling to make airplay work? thats how I feel anyway!

EDIT: So I take exception to your comment "I am sorry you assumed..." when from outward appearances MC did there level best to make sure I did believe it was supported. nothing I have seen from the official website in any way states "airplay not supported"
Pages: [1]   Go Up