INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tagging complete karajan  (Read 4274 times)

tester

• Junior Woodchuck
tagging complete karajan
« on: March 31, 2016, 08:34:00 am »

hello
this is a standard question but i didn´t find the answer...how to tag a classical collection like the complete karajan...
to be more specific. of cause the main tagging will be done from (in my case) xld but at the end in jriver i have more than 100 cd covers all the same...
now - is there a posibillity to put them together in one cover-collection and on dobbleklick i can see all the albums of this collection? or better i wanna stack them together...

thank for helping

RunHomeSlow

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: tagging complete karajan
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 08:43:43 pm »

Hello,

Not sure what you want... french my first language  :-)

In XLD you have to change the Artist name to Karajan... and the Album Artist name too, to Karajan
that way, in JRiver they will be all in Karajan name list... but they must have different name for Title in XLD
or else they will all be in one big CD.... or, if you give the same album name, they have to have a different CD number... like 1 of 15, 2 of 15...
with that, you can give them in JRiver a different cover for each...  Alt + Enter to see the tag window.... or select want you want in them
and right click ''Add from file'' to give them a different cover.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta Listen – Captain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS 14.3 > Audirvana Origin 2.5.x >
Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >
Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

RunHomeSlow

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 08:48:32 pm »

i'm back  :-)

Like for me, i always put Mozart for Classical order, not the orchestra or the player,
but in the Title of that CD, i put in ( ) the name of the Soloist or Orchestra...
Easier for me to look for Mozart.... not trying to remember that Karajan was tag for that Mozart Cd  :-)
If You Got Ears, You Gotta Listen – Captain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS 14.3 > Audirvana Origin 2.5.x >
Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >
Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 09:11:45 pm »

JRiver has fields for Orchestra, Conductor, and most of the other things you'll need for a classical CD. If you put all the additional information in the title you'll have a hard time getting the cover image from the Internet. You'll also risk running into trouble with file names that are too long.

There may be better ways to do it, but when I ripped the complete collection of Callas studio recordings I created a new genre, Callas. For each disc I set the genre to Opera;Callas - that way they show up in the Opera genre, but I can also list just the Callas discs very easily by selecting the Callas genre. I did the same thing for the complete Beethoven collection, although there were several different genres (Symphonic, Chamber Music, Vocal...). I also created a view "Albums (no collections)" that excludes the Callas and "Beethoven - Complete" genres so that I can scroll through a list of albums without having to work my way through two large collections. Finally, for the Beethoven collection I reassigned "album" names because the defaults ("Complete Beethoven - Disc 1") were useless and the works were distributed across different discs. In the end I have "albums" with titles like "25 Scottish Folk Songs, Op. 108". Although the set contained 87 discs my naming convention resulted in many more than 87 "albums" but the titles are all useful now. And I can play a complete symphony without having to start on track x of disc m and then go to track 1 of disc n to finish it.

tester

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 05:35:45 am »

thanks for your help…

i´ll try to get more specific…

in the standard view „albums“ is there some kind of possibility to stack albums of a collection together…like you can see them in artist-view…so all abba albums are together in one stack.
that would be nice for a collection? i think its possible with a user-configured view?

i know its possible to have all the different karajan albums tagged in xld also with single covers. but there are only some kind of tricks to get a good klassik-view-thanks djlegba.
it would be great if jriver-jremote could work on that. like roon can show all albums of a collection or a tripple album under one cover. i know they can only do this when they can get all the infos from allmusik - but maybe we can do better?

of course we also want a view with mozart - symphonies …for example different conductors and also one symphony on two dis should´t matter…

normally i try to use for this case grouping…

any ideas- and i mean not a single-user tricky special design…it´s great that we can tweak jriver in so many different ways but it can get smarter. more intelligent views for classical views as standard implemented.

again thanks

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 06:42:48 am »

You can customize the Media Views shown by JRemote just like you can in Standard View inside MC. You set these up under Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customize Views for JRemote, Gizmo, & WebGizmo.

Please note that you must quit MC completely (including the background Library Server if enabled) and re-launch it for these changes to take effect.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Arindelle

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 08:48:29 am »

Not sure I get what you want to achieve here?

I just retagged a complete Mahler set of 18 cds which is actually includes about approx 20 some complete albums from Deutsche Grammophon and Decca catalogues.

I have embedded all original Art for all of the albums, so it will display the album art currently playing.

The Album Name "Mahler Complete Collection" is the same for all the CDs so you get them all stacked in a way, but only the first Art from the first track is going to show.

I could've split them into the individual albums (if they are complete albums I do this for Jazz and Pop/Rock, but I want these to show separetly intentionally), and these will "stack" separate art.

I don't like to do this with Classical music as I like to separate out versions, but you certainly can do what I do with Rock Albums. Most classical collections are more compilations, than boxed sets containing individual, complete albums though.

This is not exactly what you want maybe, but it gets the job done and allows you to deal with multiple cover art

This works the same way in all view modes btw. SO if you change the Album Tags and you already have Views set up for JRemote, no need to modify them.

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 09:37:33 am »

in the standard view „albums“ is there some kind of possibility to stack albums of a collection together…like you can see them in artist-view…so all abba albums are together in one stack.

Sure.  You can do something like this:

1.  Tag your albums you want displayed together with the [Series] tag.  Make the series name whatever you want to see at that top stacked level.
2.  Make a new albums view.  Customize it.
3.  For the category, edit it and choose "expression". 
4.  The expression should be something like this:
Code: [Select]
FirstNotEmpty([Series],[Album Artist (auto)] [Album])
What that will do, is look first for the [Series] tag and group series together.  If the [Series] tag isn't there, it will group by Album Artist (auto) and Album.

I'm not sure if it's exactly what you want, but you can experiment with it for free.  Just build a new view to play with.

Brian.

tester

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 07:46:00 am »

thanks for the help ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up