INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transfering files to sdxc card  (Read 2092 times)

Tim

• Junior Woodchuck
Transfering files to sdxc card
« on: March 30, 2016, 10:56:49 am »

Hi,

When I have tried to transfer files created in MC directly from windows explorer to sdxc card they often (but not always come out in alphabetical rather than track no. order. Should I transfer (copy) from within MC to get the album in it's proper order and if so what is the best way to do it?

thanks

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Transfering files to sdxc card
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 12:41:20 pm »

You are too vague.

What are the file types?

What device and operating system are you viewing them on?

Are you using sub folders?

What are you trying to accomplish?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 03:17:43 pm »

Tim, I'm confused about your problem, but I would like to help.

If you are moving files from one computer drive to another they would normally be shown sorted by file name in Windows Explorer. Is this where you are looking/working?

When you use Media Center to view your files, you can setup the view any way you want to see things, such as by Artist, by Name, Track number, etc. (it doesn't matter how the files are sorted on the hard drive or card).

The views (sort order and grouping) are setup in MC. For example, if you are in MC using the Standard View, and you open "Audio>Files" you would sort by "track #" by clicking on the header for the column displaying tracks. Similarly if you wanted to view by Name, you would click on the column header "name".
I probably don't understand what you are asking. Need more info on what view you are using and what you are seeing or not seeing now.

I would suggest you use the built-in "Rename, Move & Copy Files" tool in MC and do all your work within MC.

Tim

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 04:41:41 pm »

Thanks very much I will check that out. I'm sure I can get it to copy to sdxc from within mc with the tracks in order. I

You are trying to help and I appreciate that - any ideas on how to get 21 in windows 10 to play a whole track without stopping to buffer - works in 17 - tried all other suggestions and swapped drivers around - no difference between shortest and longest buffer settings - it will not work at the moment.

thanks again.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 05:10:57 pm »

I would copy one or two songs to computer's internal drive to see if they play without buffering. If they do, that would tell us that the external drive has some delay to it. Maybe a performance setting for the drive or such. If it still buffers too much with the file on the internal drive, then maybe something is not setup right with Windows or MC.
Troubleshooting is a process of elimination.

What kind of computer do you have? What CPU and how much memory?
Also there is a built in performance test in MC. Go to Help>Benchmark (run the benchmark tool) and report back the "Jmark" score.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 05:44:17 pm »

This is going to turn out to be an antivirus problem or similar.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 10:07:57 am »

Jim's right. Antivirus software has been a real problem lately. There are way to "exclude" JRiver processes and your media files from the antivirus' "live file scanning" (the live scanning is what causes the delay).

The easiest way to know if the antivirus is causing the problem is to remove it (for testing). Depending on the antivirus software, you can't just turn it off - it has to be uninstalled to know for sure. If the problem goes away then we can help you set up exclusions in the antivirus program.

If you are just running the build-in "Windows Defender" program, then you can open (in Windows program) Settings>Update & Security>Windows Defender >Exclusions" click on Add an Exclusion and exclude the folder(s) where you media is stored, and exclude the JRiver files. I don't recall off hand which JRiver files to exclude - but if you are using Windows Defender let me know and I'll post back the correct files (or use the Search feature and type in "Windows Defender").
Pages: [1]   Go Up