INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turning subtitles on causes MC to freeze  (Read 2744 times)

newHAPPYuser2015

• World Citizen
Turning subtitles on causes MC to freeze
« on: April 01, 2016, 05:10:28 am »

Hi,

I have the latest build installed (0.66). Very often when I turn subtitles on or off or cycle through subtitles for different languages MC will freeze and I have to end the process through the task manager. It happens regardless of the subtitle type (I have SRT and PGS). But it only happens with Red October Standard. When I switch to Red October HQ the problem goes away.

Is something wrong on my end or is it a bug in LAV filters or whatever? Any ideas?

Thanks

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
Re: Turning subtitles on causes MC to freeze
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 01:51:48 pm »

select ROHQ, play something, select pause, go inside MadVR settings, Scaling algorithms and lower these until you get fluent video and good subs.
I guess some Scaling's are set to high.

Jose Rivera

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 11:58:00 pm »

Hi,

I have the latest build installed (0.66). Very often when I turn subtitles on or off or cycle through subtitles for different languages MC will freeze and I have to end the process through the task manager. It happens regardless of the subtitle type (I have SRT and PGS). But it only happens with Red October Standard. When I switch to Red October HQ the problem goes away.

Is something wrong on my end or is it a bug in LAV filters or whatever? Any ideas?

Thanks

=======
My JRMC21 is doing the same thing, but only JRMC21 because I have JRMC20 and works fine, and I watch the same movie on "Media Player Classic" and works fine, and I watch the same movie on "VLC Media Player" and works fine. The only software that freeze the video when I switch subtitles is JRMC21. I believe there is a bug in the software, because JRMC20 works fine. (By the way I save the library from JRMC21 and restore it on JRMC20, and works perfect, so is nothing wrong with the library of JRMC21).

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 01:59:09 am »

This should've been fixed in MC21.0.89, please make sure you run the latest version.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Jose Rivera

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 02:40:00 pm »

Yes Sir, you are right, the latest version of MC fix it. What happens was I have MC update channels on "Stable" (because is recommend it) and that update is not there, I have to change the updates to "Latest" and that change is there. Thanks for you help I love MC. keep the good work!!! Thanks again.. :D

(maybe adding this fix to "Stable" channel updates will be a good idea?)
Pages: [1]   Go Up