INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USB IR RC6 - how progam its emitter to control volume on audio amp - no TV  (Read 2569 times)

vman

• Recent member

I just got a Lenovo MCE hand held IR controller. http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Microsoft-Center-Control-Receiver/dp/B006TPPVKE?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00.

2 things:

1) since I have no TV screen to look at, how do I program it to control the volume on my Yamaha S801 audio dac/amp? I'm feeding the dac/amp from USB. I only need volume, that's all. I need to adjust volume on the amp so i can keep the computer at full volume and not lose any bits of resolution. Right?  The handheld remote came with an IR emitter to stick on the amp's IR receiver - but I have no idea how to program it to run the amp volume. Did not find any help online, everyone seems to presume you have  TV connected - which I don't. Any thoughts?

2) The remote mostly works most of the time. Sometimes the pause key works and sometimes it will not. What always makes the pause key start working again is to use my mouse to click JRiver's play button on the screen of my samsung r500 laptop (windows 8.1). Then it works for awhile, presumably till I do something it doesn't like. Same thing for the FF and RW buttons sometimes they work, sometimes not. Skip and power off seem to work all the time - I think. Any thoughts?

thanks for your help

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Hi Vman,

In order to program JR to send the command to your amp, you'll need to be able to see what you're doing i.e plug the computer running JR into a monitor or TV, then go to Tools > Options > Remote Control and follow the steps there.

Unfortunately I cannot help regarding the remote commands not working, but are you sure the JR app always has focus?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

Try this at your own risk.  I have not tried it, nor do I own this remote.  These instructions are several years old, but they seem to show how to learn volume control commands from other remotes (like your Yamaha) into the new remote:

http://eirikso.com/2005/11/16/how-to-program-the-buttons-on-your-mce-remote/

Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up