INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stream my library on my iPhone 6+  (Read 4097 times)

stumpygremlin

• World Citizen
Stream my library on my iPhone 6+
« on: April 01, 2016, 06:26:17 pm »

I'm trying to figure out how to stream my music from JRiver 20 to my iPhone 6+.

I'm on Windows 10. Can someone put detailed step-by-step instructions for a computer dummy on here. I have no idea what I'm doing, if it's possible at all.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Stream my library on my iPhone 6+
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 02:03:02 pm »

its definitely possible  :) but a step by step for computer dummies if you don't know about windows home networks and getting into your router  ... sorry, it would be a book.  ;D  (I'm just guessing that you don't have JRemote set up to control your network already?)

Basically it is not that hard if you know Windows and you can get into your router's configuration panel.

1- You need to go into your router and set port forwarding to enable port 52199 (that's the default that JRiver uses, but you can change this). If you already use JRemote locally, just go to step 4.

2- You need to have "media server" running on the machine that loads the main library (or your networks library); there is an access key that you should write down.  Options=>Media Network check Use Media Network to share this library ... you will then see the access key.

3- Go into JRemote and hit the little gear thing from settings and add a new server ... you need that access code. You might need your Windows password if applicable for Authentication. Filling it in is the easiest way. (you can also use a fixed IP address, but if you really don't know about these things just use the code).

4- In the bottom left of JRemote you have a box to choose your audio or playback zone - if you want to stream to your iPad, you would choose "This Device", if you are using it to control local playback at home you would choose one of the available zones (if you have not set up multiple ones, there is only one choice)

Then basically it should work. Now if you want to stream to your iPad/phone external to your home network, you might need to allow your anti-virus firewall to let you through from the outside. That and setting up local networks/routers goes a bit beyond the purview of the JRiver software. You can also read some of the topics from the wiki on this page that might help https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Category:Media_Network

Please note that Views for Remotes including JRemote are created/modified in a different part of the software. You get lay around with them by Options=>Media Network=>Advanced=>Customize Views for JRemote.

Hope this helps some

EDIT @Admin might want to move this thread to the Remotes board

stumpygremlin

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 07:04:56 pm »

I got it to play on my phone. Now I have one more question.

I have a smartlist that shuffles my albums so that I can play whole albums at a time in random order. However, when I click the smartlist on JRemote, it comes up empty. How do I fix that?

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 03:39:54 am »

I got it to play on my phone. Now I have one more question.

I have a smartlist that shuffles my albums so that I can play whole albums at a time in random order. However, when I click the smartlist on JRemote, it comes up empty. How do I fix that?
You'd have to post the smartlist (export button), not sure. However thats a pretty round about way of doing this. Why not just select the album(s) and choose shuffle in JRemote?

@Admin -- again, think this thread should be moved to the Remote forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up