INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP settings kick in too early when shuffling  (Read 2394 times)

AlanDistro

• World Citizen
DSP settings kick in too early when shuffling
« on: April 02, 2016, 07:54:30 pm »

I'm shuffling all of my 4 and 5 star songs. I have two different DSP presets, one "flat" and one "deemph" that applies a de-emphasizing EQ for CDs  with pre-emphasis (the "flat" is required to get the EQ back to flat settings after playing a de-emphasized track).

When moving from a "flat" track to a "deemph" track, I hear the EQ settings kick in during the last 3-5 seconds of the "flat" track, which is a startling EQ change, cutting all highs from the flat track.

Any setting I can change to get the DSP settings to change on the track change exactly and not before? Maybe a buffer setting somewhere?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DSP settings kick in too early when shuffling
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 07:58:17 pm »

Are you using a cross fade?

AlanDistro

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 08:06:26 pm »

Are you using a cross fade?
Nope, gapless.

skindzier

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 03:51:26 pm »

I may be seeing a different side of the same issue.  When I queue songs in Theater View and consecutive tracks have the same DSP preset, I often (but not always) get a small pop as the first song is fading out.  However, if I remove the DSP preset from both tracks and play them consecutively, no pop.  This can happen within the same album (even on consecutive tracks), or with unrelated tracks.  I have 1s gapped set, with no gap on sequential album tracks.  My impression is that it may be reloading the presets even though they aren't changing.  I'm using an Asus Essence ST with the Uni WASAPI driver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up