INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two simple feature requests related to scrolling  (Read 2349 times)

Windcrest77

• Junior Woodchuck
Two simple feature requests related to scrolling
« on: April 03, 2016, 08:27:27 pm »

I love JRiver but there are two simple things that I always though should be in the product.

1) When you press the Back and Forward buttons, it gets you back to the "page" you were on previously. However it loses the scroll position of the grid. Would it be a big deal to keep the scroll position on the history stack so this can be restored also. For example if I had 5,00 songs showing and I was near the bottom, then I display a different playlist, then press the Back button... I get to the 5,000 songs again but I am left at the top of the scroll position.

2) A button is needed to bounce the grid to the "currently playing song" if that song is in the current grid. For example I play a song, then I scroll the grid down 5,000 songs. I should be able to have a button that does the following: 1) Search the currently displayed grid for the currently playing song. 2) If that song is in the grid, then position the scroll bar to put that row into view.

I didn't know if these should be called bugs or enhancements. But they are pretty basic. Wouldn't you say?

Thanks
Rick

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Two simple feature requests related to scrolling
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 08:43:07 am »

1) When you press the Back and Forward buttons, it gets you back to the "page" you were on previously. However it loses the scroll position of the grid.

I just tested this with an albums view and a files view.  They maintain the scroll positions between forward and back keys.  Maybe you're doing something I'm not.  If so, please give us a step by step way of reproducing the behavior you see.

Brian.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 10:13:19 am »

2) A button is needed to bounce the grid to the "currently playing song" if that song is in the current grid. For example I play a song, then I scroll the grid down 5,000 songs. I should be able to have a button that does the following: 1) Search the currently displayed grid for the currently playing song. 2) If that song is in the grid, then position the scroll bar to put that row into view.

Hey, I can do that one!

Next build:
NEW: Pressing Ctrl+I will jump the list to the playing song (if it's in the list).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Windcrest77

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 03:34:23 pm »

I just tested this with an albums view and a files view.  They maintain the scroll positions between forward and back keys.  Maybe you're doing something I'm not.  If so, please give us a step by step way of reproducing the behavior you see.

Brian.

Ah, I just bought MC21 and it seems to be fixed now, it didn't work this way in MC20.

Windcrest77

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 03:35:47 pm »

Hey, I can do that one!

Next build:
NEW: Pressing Ctrl+I will jump the list to the playing song (if it's in the list).

Wow that was fast!

murray

LPCM 5.1 plays only in Stereo
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 09:27:43 pm »

When I moved across from Kodi to JRiver, I found that all the LPCM 5.1 BDs I have only play in 2 channel stereo. Everything DTS, Dolby Surround, Atmos is fine, just the LPCM films. This means since they only playback in stereo I have no dialog centre channel playing. I am bitstreeming....

There has to be a setting somewhere in JRiver Ive missed, can someone help me please?

RD James

Re: LPCM 5.1 plays only in Stereo
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 09:40:37 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up