INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bluray Movies and Bluray Concert separation  (Read 9885 times)

benelevi

• Recent member
Bluray Movies and Bluray Concert separation
« on: April 04, 2016, 01:45:49 pm »

Dear Members,

My name is Levente from Hungary, i am about to purchase a master license and using this great software on my HTPC,

The only trouble so far i am having is to understand on how could i separate let’s say 3 different Blu-ray movie types, as of normal 2D movie, 3D movie and concerts,

Can you please somehow explain to me or help me with a guideline on this,

I downloaded a trial version and played around with the settings but i was not able to get is work,

I saw a few post regarding this topic but did not succeed to get it work,

Sorry to bother you with such thing but i think this is a great product and would love to buy and use it for long term,

Thank you in advance for your help,

Best regards,

Levente

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bluray Movies and Bluray Concert separation
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 02:49:27 pm »

It sounds like you want at least 3 different views under video:

1.  Movies (2D)
2.  Movies (3D)
3.  Music Videos

#3 is easy.  Tag your concerts with [Media Sub Type]=Concert .  Then set up the rules for your view:

1.  <right click on view> Customize View
2.  Settings > Included Files > Set rules for file display
3.  In the wizard that comes up, set a rule of [Media Sub Type] "is" Concert.  You might also include Music Video and Music in this category just to cover all types of video that might be music oriented.

For #2 (Movies (3d)), I think I'd use a [Keywords] of "3D".  Then make a new view under video and customize it as above.  Except that the rules for file display would include [Kewords] "is any" "3D".  You'll need to tag all of your 3D movies with a Keywords field of 3D.

Finally, for #1, I guess I would modify your Movies view so that [Keywords] "is not any" "3D".  That way it will exclude all 3D movies, but include all other types of Movies.

This is the kind of thing that makes MC so powerful.  You can come up with how you want to organize your media and make views that show you only what you want, with flexible tagging.  :)

Brian.

benelevi

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 01:43:39 am »

Dear Brian,

Thank you very much for the quick answer,

yes that's exactly what i was looking to achieve,

however i am newbie and i want to give it a go and try, but i am not sure how do i TAG my Concerts??

this means to rename the folder/file name of the movie??

same applies also to the Keywords of 3D??

Thank you once again mate for your help,

Best regards,

Levente

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 08:41:00 am »

Tagging refers to setting values of Fields in MC's database.  We also call the database the Library.  Just in case you see references to Library fields; it means the same as database.

You can tag any Video, Audio, Image, etc file in MC using the Tag Action Window (TAW).  Click on a file, or many files.  Then Edit > Tag .  This will open the TAW on the left.  In the TAW, you'll see fields and you can directly enter or change values there.  They are saved automatically when you click somewhere else after typing in a field.

If you don't see the field you want to edit (like Keywords for example), click on the upper left gear icon in the TAW, and it will give you more choices for showing more fields.

All of these fields are stored internally, inside of MC's Library (database).  Optionally, MC will also write these values back into the files tagging areas.  For audio files like MP3 and FLAC, they natively have tag areas inside the files that MC writes to.  For other files like Video files, almost none have standardized support for tags.  So MC will create an XML "side car" file that sits beside the video file.  Inside the XML file, MC will write all of the tags that are set.

So there's no need to mess with file names or anything.  MC handles all tagging simply through the TAW and it manages everything else automatically.

Good luck!

Brian.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 01:28:00 pm »

I use a custom field called "Video Type" with values such as:
DVD
BD
Other-Video
DVD-Particle
MKV(BD)
MKV(DVD)
3DBD
etc

I can then use this info to help isolate videos in different views.

For my 3D movies I also add "3D" to the end of the name.
If I have a video on both Blu-ray and DVD I add "BD" to the end of the name to give it it different name from the DVD version.

benelevi

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 01:12:31 am »

Hello guys,

i appreciate your help,

unfortunately i tried all advises given and for some reason i do not manage to get it show the way i wish,
i am probably missing some basic steps that you guys might think i know, but as a complete newbie i am not familiar with all features,

can you guys please some send me a step by step tutorial on how to separate these 3 different type of BluRay movies,

in the theatre tree settings is there anything that also has to be done?

Thank you in advance,

please someone help me,

regards,

Levente

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 10:27:41 am »

Try it another way.

Go to "Playlists" and create a new Smartlist.

Call it "Beatles"

Then add the following:

Media type is Video

Actors contains Beatles

(assuming you have some Beatles stuff)

Click OK and you will see all Video with the Beatles in it  .... IF you have tagged your files correctly.

Once you have succeeded with this, you can copy the playlist and change it to show anything you want. Again, you need to tag the files properly.

Try this and see if it helps.

benelevi

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 12:43:24 pm »

Hello Guys,

Thank you for your continous help,

i tried all of the options above, but i simply do not manage to get this work,

i may made a mistake that i want to see the separation under thertre view, i dont know if it makes any difference,

fact is i am not ablle to get this work,

i dont know if there is such as paid servise to anyone here to do it for me trough teamviewer,

i dont mean to affend anyone buy offering this, but i simply need help, i cannot set this up,

if its not apropriate to write this here i appologize in advance,

if anyone can offer such service please infor me, i would be interested,

Thank you,

Regards,

Levente

Levente

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 02:36:37 am »

Try one more thing.

(You have imported your files into JRiver already?)

Go to "Video" from the left pane in Standard View.

You should see all your imported files there, probably displayed in the main window as a list similar to Windows Explorer.

If you see the files, hover your mouse over one of them (don't click) and you should see a window pop up with details of the film.

Details include Actors, Director, Date, Keywords and a synopsis of the story. This is part of the info you need to do your sorting.

If you do not see these details, right click on a file and choose "Get Movie and TV info" and see what happens. The software should find the details if the name of the film is correct.

Do this first and report back.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 06:40:24 am »

There are a lot of ways to do what you want. This is the way I deal with Music Videos and 3D movies,

First step. In Standard View Video>Files view, add the "fields/tags" you need to work with to the view by right clicking on the column header. Then a popup window comes up and you then add columns for "media sub type" and media type" (and whatever else you want to see) from the list.

For Music Video - this is how I set up my views for Theater View:

To add the "Music Video" item to Theater View:
In Standard View, the screen shot below (Video>Files view), notice that I have added the column "Media Sub Type". The columns in this view show the fields/tags assigned to your media. It's the same data you would see if you clicked on a file and opened the Tag Action Window.

1) Find your music video file, then click on it to select it. In the column "Media sub type" for your file you want to have the value "Music Video". The "Media Type" field should be "Video" To edit this data, click on the file to select it (this highlights the row). You then use the "F2" key to enter edit mode. You can move right and left in the row you selected using the Tab key and Shift+Tab key. When you are in the field "media sub type" for the file you selected, you use the drop down list to select "Music Video".

To add Music Video to Theater View menu:
In my example I have the Music video menu item on the Top Roller (top line) of the Theater View menu. You could also nest Music Video within the Movies menu or Audio menu. It just depends on where (what layer) you add the new Music Video item in the menu.

2) Go to Tools>Options>Theater View. In the section called "Items to show" click on "Add" then on "Library Item".
3) In the section called "Details", rename the "New Library Item" to "Music Video".
4) Then click on "Set Rules for file Display".
5) In the "Rules" box, click the "Add" button to add two rules: a) "Media type" is "Video". and "Media Sub Type" is "Music Video".

_______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _________

For 3D movies: I sort my 3D movies from the 2D movies by adding "3D" to the "Series" field (the Series filed is not normally used for Movies so it works well here).

In Standard View Video>Files, add the column "Series" if it is not already there. Then find the 3D files/movies and click on one to select it. Use the F2 key to enter edit mode (as described above) and enter "3D" in the "Series" field.

1) Create a new "Library Item" in the "Movies" group (click on "Movies" to select that group, then click "Add" and "Library item".
2) In the section called "Details", rename the "New Library Item" to "3D Movie".
4) Then click on "Set Rules for file Display".
5) In the "Rules" box, click the "Add" button to add two rules: a) "Media type" is "Video" (actually this is not needed since this view inherits the media type from parent "Video") and "Series" is "3D".

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 01:22:49 am »

That's a very good tutorial!

benelevi

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2016, 12:27:11 pm »

Dear ALL,

Thank you all for your help,

i finally managed to set it up with a special thx to CountryBumkin 's tutorial, ( i have set everything up the way the tutorial is)

but all of your feedback helped as i started to understand the way it works,

so once again thank you all above members above who has helped me.

i have a few small issues now:

Music videos are all good, in the movies i managed to separate the 3D movies, but they shop up also in the normal 2 D movie section as well,

do i have to exclude somehow the 2D movies?

also i have noticed that i have a few 3D movies in ISO that are not being indexed and recognized by the system,

and finally i am fighting to get one concert movie added Adele, i deleted some files from inside the folder, it may have been needed,

any idea on how i could add this still?

and finally dos anybody have the best sound settings for bluray movies and concerts? ( i mean to get HD Master sound as well)

Thank you in advance again for your help,

Regards,

Levente

CountryBumkin

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2016, 12:45:37 pm »

To exclude the 3D movies from your 2D views (if you setup your 3D views according to my method), go to Tools>Options>Theater View and then for each view under Movies (like "Name" and "Genre" and whatever other views you have) as shown in my screen shot above) click on the "Set rules for file display" and then add a rule "Series is not 3D".

Sometimes ISO files are entered as "Data Files" instead of Movie. To check, in Standard View, go to "Documents>Files" see if it is in there. If it is you will want to change the "media type" to "Video" (and then check to see if the "media sub type" is "movie"). You can click on the file and use the Tag Action Window, or you can right click on the column header and add "media type" and media sub type" to the columns shown.

For the concert "Adele, I would use "Drives & Devices">Explorer to go the folder where this concert/file is located. See if there is a ISO file or MKV file or whatever file type you saved it as, if it there you can right click on it and "import into Library".

Lastly, for best sound setup - well that depends on your equipment. What do you use for sound (built-in sound, external DAC, HDMI to AVR, etc.). Tell us more about your setup.

benelevi

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2016, 01:09:00 pm »

Bumkin brother thx again,

regarding Adele is bluray BDMV file which previously was imported already in JRiver but  since i used a lot of other programs like my movies, media browser etc, it collected a lot of kind of metadate and stuff that i thought might be better to delete, but obviously i did not deleted any files of the movie, i can manually get jriver to play the concert ok, it just not being imported,

regarding the sound, i have an Arcam AVR 400, 3D Epson Projector and a Streacom HTPC with Intel video chipset and processor.

i am listening also to FLAC stereo music,

I will give it a try to the excluding the 3D movies, i will revert back to you shortly,

thank you,

regrads,

Levente

benelevi

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2016, 01:26:59 pm »

My friend you got me lost with these 2 things
i dont find such menu in standard view

Sometimes ISO files are entered as "Data Files" instead of Movie. To check, in Standard View, go to "Documents>Files" see if it is in there. If it is you will want to change the "media type" to "Video" (and then check to see if the "media sub type" is "movie"). You can click on the file and use the Tag Action Window, or you can right click on the column header and add "media type" and media sub type" to the columns shown.

For the concert "Adele, I would use "Drives & Devices">Explorer to go the folder where this concert/file is located. See if there is a ISO file or MKV file or whatever file type you saved it as, if it there you can right click on it and "import into Library".

can you be a bit more specific please,

the iso association i found under tools, options and files type, but i can only turn on the automatic playback method that is it, and it is under Data file type as you said

CountryBumkin

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 02:16:16 pm »

If you don't see the "Documents" in Standard View, that mean you didn't turn on "Data Support" at Tools>Options>General>Features (there would be a "check mark" in the box next to Data Support if it was On).

I'm not familiar with Arcam, so I Goggled it. Looks like a very nice and capable receiver. http://www.soundandvision.com/content/arcam-avr400-av-receiver-specs#lyfEufSrlmID2uZG.97

The typical setup for audio (if there is such a thing as "typical setup") is at Tools>Options>Audio Device is to use "WASAPI". Also in the Windows Sound Properties settings check the sound device you are using (i.e. Realtek, High Definition Sound, etc.) then go to Properties>Advanced tab and be sure to set to the highest format it supports (like 24 bit, 192000Hz), then in MC Set "Bitstreaming" to "None" if you want to use MC's DSP processing and volume control (which is preferred). In the DSP Studio, under Output Format you would want to check that those setting match your Arcam (for example, Sample Rate would be "No Change" for all the rates your Arcam supports) and set "Channels" to "Source Number of Channels". It gets pretty complicated here since everyone's taste and setup is a little different (do you have a 5.1 system or 7.1 or just 2 channels, etc.).
There are a lot more experienced Audio users here - so someone else may be able to provide better instructions.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2016, 02:31:08 pm »

can you be a bit more specific please,

Here is a screen shot of the steps I was trying to describe - using Drives & Devices>explorer to fins a movie on your computer and import it. In this example I am "importing" the movie Apollo13 (which is an mkv file type).

CountryBumkin

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2016, 02:48:36 pm »

I hope these screen shots are not making things more complicated. For me, a picture is easier to follow than just words.

This screen shot shows going into the "Documents>Files view and changing an incorrect Media Type from "Data" to "Video". I purposely changed the movie McLintock to "Data" type to show this. When it is a Media Type = Data it will not show in the Video files section.

benelevi

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2016, 03:09:10 pm »

You are awsome mate++

everything works like a charm!!

all qustions are compleated man...

in the Music video and 3D movies how can i change the view of to get the same coverflow view?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2016, 03:17:51 pm »

in the Music video and 3D movies how can i change the view of to get the same coverflow view?

I'm not sure what you mean.
Are you talking about a view in Theater View?
What are you seeing now?

benelevi

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2016, 03:32:34 pm »

yes i mean the way the movies are shown in Theater view,

1 picture i attache is the way i like it,
the second one is the one i would like to change as to the 1 -st picture

CountryBumkin

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2016, 03:40:04 pm »

Okay. See at the top of your first screen shot where it says "More"? Click on that and then go to "Toggle List Style" and keep clicking that button until you find the one you like.

benelevi

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2016, 03:55:31 pm »

Brother i owe you a big one for al this help,

thank you very much,

if you ever plan to come to Hungary you MUST Call me!!

let me know if you ned anything from here,

Thx again,

good night mate :)

benelevi

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2016, 11:15:01 am »

Hi countrybumkin,

i have 2 question if i may,

i dont find an option to show the movie nr count in theater view, and seconf question is where can i set to play the bluray movies from the beginning,

it keeps playing from where i left it last time,

also can you help me with Bluray 3D playback issues?

thank you in advance,

regards,

Levente

CountryBumkin

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2016, 11:30:18 am »

I don't know what you mean by "movie nr count". What is this?

For question 2, go to "Tools>Options>General>Behavior"  then under "Resume playback using Bookmarks" set to "Ask" if you want popup window each time you restart movie to "ask you where to resume playback", or set to "Never" to always restart at beginning, or set to "Automatic" to always resume playing where you last stopped watching.
I like to use "Ask".

benelevi

• Recent member
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2016, 04:04:46 am »

Helo my friend,

i mean in each different main view, movies, 3d movies and music concerts, to show me how many of each i have, for emplm

movies 73, 3d moovies 25 (nr of of movies i have, total count in each)

i hope you understand me now,
thank you mate,

have a good day,

regards,

Levente

benelevi

• Recent member
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2016, 08:40:33 am »

bump

CountryBumkin

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2016, 09:19:13 am »

I believe you are looking for a way to display the total number of movies in each category (Movies, 3D Movies, Music Concerts) on the "Theater View" menu.
Would this be a number in parentheses next to the media type? Like "Movies (73)", "3D Movies (25)", "Music Concerts (12)", or something else?

I don't know if this is possible. Hopefully someone else more knowledgeable will provide you some guidance.
Good Luck.

benelevi

• Recent member
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2016, 09:36:46 am »

yes Sir,

i appreciate your follow up and help as always!!!!

Regards,

Levente
Pages: [1]   Go Up