INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few questions as I get MC back up and running  (Read 4162 times)

Waynefi

• Recent member
A few questions as I get MC back up and running
« on: April 04, 2016, 09:20:25 pm »

Hello,

I have had my music computer down for a few months rearranging my room and getting my vinyl system setup up again.

I have a dedicated music Windows 7 PC, right now my music is run off the same drive as the computer, backed up to NAS drive.

I believe I have MC 20.... something JR, as I believe you had to purchase 21, and I did not do that.

First, my only interest is music on MC. No videos, movies, TV, etc..... Is there a way to look at just Music related options when looking at and using the main screens and menus ? I do want to see Album covers, etc. when I am playing music.

If I want MC on a new computer, and I download MC to the new computer, is there anyway to update all my settings saved from my current software saved to a usb thumb drive ?

Thank you

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: A few questions as I get MC back up and running
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 09:26:26 pm »

First, my only interest is music on MC. No videos, movies, TV, etc..... Is there a way to look at just Music related options when looking at and using the main screens and menus ? I do want to see Album covers, etc. when I am playing music.

Yes. I recommend against it, because it makes MC behave in a non-default fashion, which makes it harder to get support here in the future. But, if you really want to, there is an option. Just do me a solid and remember to try turning it off and trying again before you come here and ask why you can't do X that you really want to do? K?

Lecture complete. Go to: View > Audio Only Mode

That's there in MC21 at least. I don't know for sure when it was added. It might be in MC20 (and MC19) or it might be MC21-only.

If I want MC on a new computer, and I download MC to the new computer, is there anyway to update all my settings saved from my current software saved to a usb thumb drive ?

Yes.
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Backup
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Waynefi

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 09:55:14 pm »

Yes. I recommend against it, because it makes MC behave in a non-default fashion, which makes it harder to get support here in the future. But, if you really want to, there is an option. Just do me a solid and remember to try turning it off and trying again before you come here and ask why you can't do X that you really want to do? K?

Thanks for writing,

Meaning you will not be able to do all the options related to music playback, album cover art, tags, and all that goes with music playback ? Can you turn the feature on and off without effecting anything ?

DJLegba

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 10:05:42 pm »

I thought Audio Only was for me, since I have a NUC running Media Centre that I use for music and nothing but music. I checked it, and pretty quickly realized I preferred JRiver the other way. Feel free to experiment though - none of the changes are in any way permanent.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 11:45:10 pm »

There are a few options that can be taken away without any issues...look at Tools>General>Features....here you can un-select some options to hide some views.....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 09:56:03 pm »

That's there in MC21 at least. I don't know for sure when it was added. It might be in MC20 (and MC19) or it might be MC21-only.

Yes.
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Backup

It's in MC20 also.
Pages: [1]   Go Up