INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When album finishes the playlist shuffles  (Read 2702 times)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
When album finishes the playlist shuffles
« on: April 05, 2016, 03:33:38 am »

Not sure when this started happening (maybe always has!) but am now noticing that when albums stop playing the view shuffles the tracks such that they are no longer in track order.  This is actually quite frustrating, as often I want to review the album and maybe make some tag changes, eg ratings, but suddenly the order is messed up which confuses the process.

Is there any reason for this unnecessary shuffle and can it be stopped?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: When album finishes the playlist shuffles
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 04:58:00 am »

I can't reproduce that.  Is shuffle set?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 05:54:10 am »

In the interest of a data point, I can't reproduce it either

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 06:06:15 am »

Hmm, Shuffle is set to automatic...  and now that I've switched it back to OFF the end-of-play shuffle no longer happens.

And now I feel embarrassed :D

Thanks, guys.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 06:35:16 am »

Wait... There was a possibly related change a little while back. Someone complained that when a you are playing a Shuffle and playback ends and you play it again, it didn't reshuffle at the end (with Continuous play enabled). Matt changed it so that now it does.

But, with Shuffle on Automatic, it shouldn't shuffle a "full album" (that's the idea of Automatic).

If you leave it on Automatic, does it still shuffle a single-album Playing Now at the end?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 07:26:08 am »

If you leave it on Automatic, does it still shuffle a single-album Playing Now at the end?

Ah, well that is essentially what I'm reporting above...   

I was on Shuffle Automatic, playing single albums, and as the album ended it got shuffled...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 08:24:58 am »

Coming next build:
Fixed: When shuffle is set to automatic, it won't reshuffle at the end of the playlist unless it passes the automatic testing gate.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 08:57:47 am »

I hate shuffle modes.  I listen to music shuffled pretty much 100% of the time.  But NOT using a shuffle mode.

I understand why it's there.  It almost has to be in a modern music player because people expect it to be.  But MC has a better way with it's "reshuffle" and "reshuffle remaining" commands.  In fact, this is a big differentiator between MC and other players.  The play queue, with reshuffle, means that you have complete control, even when you want some randomness to the order.  I could never figure out exactly *what* was going to be shuffled in some other players, like itunes.  It was always a mystery.  Are we shuffling this album?  Or this artist?  Or the whole library?  I can't tell because there's no play queue.

Rant complete.  :)

Brian.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 10:42:10 am »

I hate shuffle modes.  I listen to music shuffled pretty much 100% of the time.  But NOT using a shuffle mode.

I understand why it's there.  It almost has to be in a modern music player because people expect it to be.  But MC has a better way with it's "reshuffle" and "reshuffle remaining" commands.  In fact, this is a big differentiator between MC and other players.  The play queue, with reshuffle, means that you have complete control, even when you want some randomness to the order.  I could never figure out exactly *what* was going to be shuffled in some other players, like itunes.  It was always a mystery.  Are we shuffling this album?  Or this artist?  Or the whole library?  I can't tell because there's no play queue.

Rant complete.  :)

Yup. I'm with you completely.

But my wife always, always has Shuffle Mode turned on.  FWIW, MC's Automatic Shuffle mode works quite well, though (this little bug notwithstanding). Basically, it shuffles when you play a "mixed" playlist, but if it is not a mixed playlist (a single album) then it plays sequentially.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up