INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie Backdrop Import  (Read 3735 times)

allisong

• Recent member
Movie Backdrop Import
« on: April 06, 2016, 05:43:57 am »

I have moved from a Windows Media Center and MyMovies Collection management set-up to a JRiver MC setup but still use MyMovies collection management. In each of my movie folders I have these for example these files:
12 Years A Slave (2013).mkv
Backdrop.jpg
mymovies.xml
mymovies-back.jpg
mymovies-front.jpg

Import finds all the movies fine and uses the mymovies-front.jpg to create the cover art and the mymovies.xml to provide the movies data, perfect. However I can't find a sensible way to get the backdrop.jpg file to be used for the movie backdrop in theater view, I would be happy to rename the files or whatever, just would like to use my file rather than online ones or any others - must be a simple way! Sorry if this seems a stupid question, I have searched and searched but can't seem to find the answer!

Advice welcome!

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Movie Backdrop Import
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 06:56:04 am »

Try renaming "backdrop.jpg" to "folder.jpg". I don't know for sure that it will work - but my MC created library art uses "folder.jpg" in each movie folder.
I had mymovies art and xml files for a while after I movies over to MC, but eventually removed them all to keep from wasting the hard space, since the MC art is good enough for me.

allisong

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 08:06:58 am »

Just tried that but to now avail, just can't seem to find any option to set a specific movie backdrop, trouble is I have several movies that are unusual and the standard Internet searches do not find backdrops so they are missing at present...

allisong

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 09:08:41 am »

Seems like there is no option to set a movie (or video) backdrop specific to each folder/movie, i have tried all sorts of ways, this is a huge pity because all the other systems I have tried have such a feature (my movies, Kodi, WMC) and as a result I have moves that have no backdrops and movies that have wrong backdrops or inferior backdrops.

Surely it would be easy to make an option that looked into the folder and if it found something like <movie name>-backdrop.jpg it could display this as the backdrop??? :'( :'( :'(

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 09:27:15 am »

We load sidecars at image display time for movies.

The files need to be named like [Name]wildcards.extension.

So as an example: Avatar.jpg.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

allisong

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 09:43:29 am »

Ok that sounds good but I just can't seem to get it to work, just in case I am being stupid, I have a movie folder that contains a movie called "A Symphony For Yorkshire", for example:

D:\MultiMedia\Movie Films\DVD\A Symphony For Yorkshire (2010)

within the folder I have:

A Symphony For Yorkshire (2010).mkv
A Symphony For Yorkshire (2010).jpg
mymovies.xml
mymovies-back.jpg
mymovies-front.jpg

when the movie was imported I stipulated just to import the .mkv file; MC uses the mymovies.xml for the movie information very well and it also uses the my-movies-front.jpg for the CoverArt and all is fine..... except that what I can't seem to do is get JRiver MC Theater View to use the "A Symphony For Yorkshire (2010).jpg" for the backdrop, I have no issue to rename it but nothing I try seems to work?? I have turned off the feature to get the online backdrops just in case this overrules local display but what would be really great is if MC could use the user provided backdrops first and if not present use online then.

Must be doing something wrong!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 09:46:19 am »

Double-check the [Name] field in Media Center.

Is that set to exactly:
A Symphony For Yorkshire

If there's a subtle difference, it could cause the problem.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

allisong

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 10:00:44 am »

Name field is definitely A Symphony For Yorkshire and I have just checked for sure that the .jpg is exactly the same name, very strange....have restarted MC and MC server but no joy....

CountryBumkin

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 11:01:20 am »

What do you see in Standard View: Video>Files when you select the movie and then open "Tag" (located at bottom left under "Action Window") and look at "Image"? Is there anything shown (i.e. the jpg and file path)?

Also try, right clicking on the movie in Standard View: Video>Files, select "Cover Art>Add from File" from the popup menu, then browse to the movie's folder and select the cover art there. Does that work?

allisong

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 11:48:55 am »

In the standard view in the Tag I see the entry mymovies-front.jpg which is correct for the CoverArt, and works for each movie, but that is not what I am trying to do, it is the backdrop or often called "fanart" that I am trying to get displayed per movie. The image entry is for the movie cover and is fine, the backdrop is a 1920 x 1080 .jpg to go behind the Theatre View (as a substitute for the ones that get downloaded from TMDB etc if that option is turned on).

Does this make sense?? Thanks....

CountryBumkin

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 12:28:54 pm »

I (think I) follow now. You want to keep the movie "Cover Art" (which is usually the DVD or BD front cover image) that is shown for the movie as is - but then add a second image which would show when you "select the movie to view details" as the background for the entire screen.

Sort of like what was discussed in the post attached below, about allowing Users to add their custom images (their "Folder") to the list of places where MC pulls its "On-Line media slideshow" images from (so you would tell MC to use "The TVDB" and/or "The MovieDB" and/or "MyBackdropImage" for the slideshow). Then MC would need to look for a matching image in the "MyBackdropImage" folder and if available display it.  I don't think a consensus was ever reached in that thread on what MC should do or how to do it.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=103467.msg719310#msg719310

allisong

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 12:37:51 pm »

This is exactly what I wish to do: "You want to keep the movie "Cover Art" (which is usually the DVD or BD front cover image) that is shown for the movie as is - but then add a second image which would show when you "select the movie to view details" as the background for the entire screen."

...and ideally MC Theater View would pick the "backdrop" image that was in the folder or next to the file (against an agreed image naming convention) and if not present still be able to pick one from online as presently done.

One way of doing this would be to have an option for a local "backdrop" folder with all the "backdrop" images in them matching the file name of the movie tha MC could use. This would then be a selectable option under the settings for online search services?

This option is already used with My Movies ( displays any image in the folder called "backdrop.jpg" ) and I understand Kodi and other do something similar, hence I miss this functionality....
Pages: [1]   Go Up