INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Proposal for new browsing system...  (Read 9592 times)

nila

Re: Proposal for new browsing system...
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2003, 06:33:19 am »

No - it works in the same way as Nero.

When you click on 'Burn' - it pop's up a dialog box with all the burn options - you then set what options u want here and it uses them for the burn.

Obviously also still have a seperate burning screen with full power designed around burning - but I just thought this might be a clever 'extra' to include to attrack customers
sales pitch:
'Burn any playlist, anywhere - MC v9"

or:

"Like the songs infront of you - burn them onto a CD with one easy click - MC 9"

lol - that type of thing :)

salsbst1

• World Citizen
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2003, 08:41:58 am »

As one of those odd users who is just waiting for hairstyle improvements, may I ask how these mini-revolutions will affect those of us who spend 90% of our MC time operating it with a IR remote control?  The tree allows for fairly famimliar navigation with a remote.  How would one navigate tabs and dropdowns?

I'm not trying to say I don't like these new ideas, just that for me, and I think a few others, remote control issues are extremely important.  I hope that you guys can keep us well served with all of these changes.

Thanks,
Stuart

P.S.  Either of these two things would get me to upgrade from 9.0:
a) hairstyle upgrade
b) supported, functional implementation of directx host for audio playback

slikvik

• World Citizen
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2003, 09:50:16 am »

As one of those odd users who is just waiting for hairstyle improvements, may I ask how these mini-revolutions will affect those of us who spend 90% of our MC time operating it with a IR remote control?  The tree allows for fairly famimliar navigation with a remote.  How would one navigate tabs and dropdowns?

I'm not trying to say I don't like these new ideas, just that for me, and I think a few others, remote control issues are extremely important.  I hope that you guys can keep us well served with all of these changes.

Thanks,
Stuart

P.S.  Either of these two things would get me to upgrade from 9.0:
a) hairstyle upgrade
b) supported, functional implementation of directx host for audio playback

I agree. Please don't forget about IR control, it's a VERY important direction for a Media solution to move towards. It's still not right at the moment, but it's still fairly easy to move through a tree or tab through a pane.

Slikvik

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2003, 02:47:06 pm »

PLEASE, PLEase, please do not take away the ability to have multiple panes each with their own column type, etc.  This allows super flexible filtering without having to traverse thru multiple dropdowns/menus/etc which is cumbersome.   You have my permission to add new functionality  :) but please keep the ability to have the multiple panes, too.

zevele10

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2003, 12:55:15 am »

Doof's argument is a very true and strong one.
Most of those who are for this new look and do not care about tree ,gave it the best judjement.

BUT ,again ,you can see people using at full possibilitys a Media CENTER ,and those having the pain to use a Media Center when they just would like a Media JUKEBOX.

Slowly this people may stop to use MC.

So ,again ,make an Media JUKEBOX 9 .
No need to change interface. Just put SmartList, the new burning fonctions,and everything concerning music.
Make it a finish product ,not ,again ,a beta.

Put it out  at regular Jukebox price-
No free upgrade from MJ8 ,people with an MC key ,of cause can use it.
This one would got VERY GOOD revues , many people would buy it.

And ,at the same ,have MC saga going on with a TOTALY DIFFERENT kind of users/customers.

As i see it ,the only raisons some people use McC,even if they do not like it ,is because of MUSIC ONLY features not in MJ8.

The second raison is that people with more than 10-15 thousands songs are stuck with MC or MJ ,because there is not another jukebox who can deal with large number of songs.

I do think there is a market for a MJ9 brand- from JRiver or from another compagny-

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2003, 07:44:29 am »

This proposal won't be implemented in 9.1.  We may revisit the idea in the future.

Thanks very much for all the feedback.

Closing this thread.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up